Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
the best chain eatery.

latest

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
"This is the first IHOP/Applebee's combo that’s ever been built anywhere," Schostak said. The Schostak company "is proud to expand our portfolio by uniquely combining two nationally recognized and family-oriented brands."

What an asshole. He makes it sound like they've invented a new form of energy. They took two slumping, crappy restaurants, which are already under the same parent, and combined them. Not much different than every strip mall in the country.

I just wish the IHOP commercials would use actors that are as obese as their real customers.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I hate Carrabba's. In the 1980s, Johnny Carrabba opened the first one over on Kirby, and it was great. He's part of this big nest of Houston restaurant owning families. We went there all the time and had great Italian food. It was noisy and busy and fun.

Then he franchised it and the franchises are just crap. The original went downhill, too. A bunch of frozen Sysco dinners.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Carrabbas is ok for a chain. I'll pick that over TGI McFundays when I'm traveling for work and don't have the chance to look for a good local place.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm not a fan of Carrabbas, I prefer Olive Garden and there hardly no more TGIF left here in Phoenix, there all pretty much shut down, Ruby Tuesday has expanded into there territory to compete against Chili's.

I miss Bennigan's, what kinda funny, there an old building that has been abounded for several years, the name is still on the building. Almost thinks, there still open, but the light is not on.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I miss Bennigan's, what kinda funny, there an old building that has been abounded for several years, the name is still on the building. Almost thinks, there still open, but the light is not on.
They had one in my hometown in NJ, and over the years, when I went down there and visited friends, we would inevitably meet there. It was very much like all those other American food chains, like Ground Round, TGIF's, Chilis, and (in my area) The 99's.

Reactions: Wolf