Thanx For The New Server .....

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Jun 17, 2017.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

can you update so tapatalk can find it?

2. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

Already did about 20 minutes ago, should be fine now? I just had to update it to the https site.

3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

good stuff droo! :):D:)

4. drdroo

I had a hair across my ass around 6a and decided to just sign up for A2Hosting and move the whole damned thing. Insomnia is a ripe bastard and so am I. :)

HecticArt, Wolf and IdRatherBeSkiing like this.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

mmm...ripe droo.

[​IMG]

Wolf likes this.
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Thanx. I had to kill tapatalk on my phone but it is working now. Good stuff.

7. drdroo

Scoped out upgrading to Xenforo 1.5... Seems like it won't be too bad and some things I have plugins for now will just be built in.

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Thank you very much for fixing this issues drdroo!

9. drdroo

No problem. This stuff should've been done ages ago, but just didn't. Entirely my fault on that one.

Wolf likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Thanks Droo!
    The site seems snappier.

I hadn't used Tapatalk in several months. I had forgotten my password and was doing using my phone's browser. I reset the password a couple of days ago. I'm not finding it as convenient as I used to. It's got too much extra stuff on there now and seems too needy. It's always asking me to receive notifications about everything.

11. drdroo

There's apparently a module to bring notifications in on computers and mobile without using Tapatalk.. Mixed thoughts on its usefulness though.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I probably wouldn't bother with it. Tapatalk was most useful as a simplified interface instead of using a browser.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

13. drdroo

1.5.14 of Xenforo is applied (from 1.3.16).

semipenguin likes this.
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have no issues with alerts or permissions from tapatalk. It asked me once when I installed and gives me alerts as appropriate. Perhaps the Android implementation is not as smooth.

I use the browser on my PC. Don't need alerts there.

15. drdroo

Yeah that's basically how I see it. Notifications on PC is basically annoying, so any site that offers them I tell 'no'.

So far this has gone pretty smooth. I guess this means I can cancel the account with the other hosting company on Monday.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

some neat new stuff like how the corner of our avatars signal online status and the new post rundown on the side of the homepage.

17. drdroo

Those things may have been disabled in the theme by request and came back when I upgraded Casual to 1.5.14 too... Not sure. I was able to update the theme AND the whole forum at the same time.

Working on improving the old SBS site right now, then maybe I can get up to PHP 7. LOT of progress though.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Is there a way to easily embed twitter posts/videos and or facebook videos? With youtube it's a simple copy and paste.

19. drdroo

I believe we already have embed support for at least Facebook, Dailymotion, Youtube, and a few others. Not sure if Twitter is in there. Try posting a public one and see what happens here.

20. drdroo