SXM to cancel Playboy Radio

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just announced by Jess from SiriusXM:

As of March 14, Playboy Radio will be no longer available on SiriusXM Radio. For uncensored adult content 24/7, tune in to Radio Sex (channel 103). We hope you will tune in to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez on The Opie & Anthony Channel (channel 105), and The Howard Stern Show on Howard 100, if you aren’t already a listener.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This is good news for any bandwidth issues in replacing Martha 110 & Playboy 102 with Comedy Central Radio & Entertainment Weekly Radio. Many were wondering about this.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Wonder if they will ax the Spanish version too? That would free up more bandwidth...

Nada de sexo de radio españolas, ahora no sé por dónde anotar en tierra Urano? In English: "No Spanish radio sex, now I don't know where on earth to score Uranus?" :jj:

I use to listen to Playboy Radio in the beginning, didn't really care for it.

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Wow, that's surprising since I know that channel has/had a lot of fans. I have always been surprised at how many customers told us they listened to it. But haven't heard one person say they listened to Radio Sex.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Wow, that's surprising since I know that channel has/had a lot of fans. I have always been surprised at how many customers told us they listened to it. But haven't heard one person say they listened to Radio Sex.

I find it odd too, in the sense that from just a marketing perspective, that Playboy is already a well established brand...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
If you wanna free up bandwidth you can dump H101 too.

Howie isn't going to give siriusxm back any bandwidth that he pays for.

He talked trash about Clear Channel when he worked for them, now he's talking trash about SiriusXM. He feels he's owed monies. He'll put dead air on that channel & keep SiriusXM from having it unless he gets paid :rolleyes:

I rearly listen to the Playboy Channel, but I know it's a go to channel for a lot of truckers. Who wants the roads filled with masturbating truckers? :confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)

T

tdevine

I rearly listen to the Playboy Channel, but I know it's a go to channel for a lot of truckers. Who wants the roads filled with masturbating truckers? :confused:

They gotta do something between lot lizards :scared:

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
H101 won't be dumped due to it airs the show for the west coast. That channel will stay until Howard leaves satellite for good.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Who let my Playboy sub expire? I swear I only wanted it for the articles, er, talk shows. Listened to it every now and then, no big loss. Let the truckers get off on ch 103. I expect Tiffany Granath and her crew will end up in bed with ch102 and fill up the schedule without much fanfare.

radiojw

Mar 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Most of you have no clue who I am (as I am new here on the forums). Lets keep it that way.

Anyways, to add in -- the crew for PB Radio also took care of PB Espanol, some Fantasy Sports stuff, and Radio Sex.

Pretty sad about the quick contract cancellation on SiriusXM's part, as we just moved into brand new custom studios in Burbank... designed for PB Radio / stuff that gets sent to Playboy TV.

Reminds me of XM in 2005.

Oh yeah, and I think truckers are the only base that called in -- ever. Felt sorry for the interns answering calls.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
SXM To Cancel The Playboy Channel

WWHellNo.jpg