Suggestions to promote Digital Radio Central

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 14, 2008.

1. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

How about DRCTRL? DRCTL for a shorter name. Hell if STERNFANNETWORK works why not digitalradiocentral 15 characters vs 19 characters... Hell if you got to type more than 3 it does not matter.

2. cerebrus

cerebrus New Member

Looking forward to it. :churn:

3. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Here's some standard-sized banners which you can use to "evangelize" DRC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPREAD THE WORD!! *Of course, please use common sense and don't ultimately spam other forums.

Also, I would like to make it a mission for everyone on here to pass the word onto 5 other people today, whether they are part of the online satellite/digital radio community already, or might be fans of such (friends, family, workmates, etc...). I know there are a lot of iPod, iPhone, internet radio, and fans of other music services. Send them the site and encourage them to join in.

Deacon likes this.
  4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Very cool banners Ryan. We should have the Orbitcast banner and likely article sometime today or tomorrow.

5. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

In fact, if everybody doesn't refer at least 5 people here by the end of the day, we will chop Evil Ernie's right hand off... :twisted:

6. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Don't force me to unleash my pet! :twisted:

[​IMG]

7. Davis

Davis Member

That's nothing. Kiss its middle nose and it will roll over and purr like a kitten.

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

You also have banners at SBS right? Since you have paid for them should you not be able to replace them with DRC banners?

9. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

How about a link from the main TSS-Radio page? Or at least the banner in the bottom or even a news article. Just a thought...

I see google now has several pages of links. Their web crawlers must be working...

10. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I threw a DRC banner in my signature over at SBS. What are they going to do? Ban me?

11. stumpy

stumpy Guest

I'll surely do what I can to spread the word. I was happy to contribute in some small way with some logo ideas and positioning statements. If there is anything I can do in the future, please let me know. I love that there is a place to come and talk about the different ways radio can be delivered. I rarely can be seen without some kind of musical device attached to me or in close proximity. :D

12. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I see DAB got a plug in for DRC on Orbitcast.

[​IMG] DAB | October 14, 2008 12:43 AM | Reply

It is amazing how many folks are jumping to conclusions when Ryan has clearly said this is just a rumor. I think it would be wise to wait and see before making threats of canceling etc.
    We knew this merger would bring the consolidation of like channels. I suspect there will be 50 like channels and then 19 or so unique channels to each service. But that is just a guess.
    By the way the replacement forum for SBS is DRC (digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php) Lots of discussion on this topic.

13. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

The Banner is up at Orbitcast. There should be an article about the place pretty soon.

As for us putting a banner on our rotating banners I'm cool with that. Let me get RoscoRyan to make one.

14. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Looks good. I really like the logo for DRC. While I liked the SBS logo, it looked a little cartoon-ish. The DRC logo has a professional, polished look to it. Nice job guys! :bigthumbup:

Deacon likes this.
  15. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

You doing a good job. This site is already very active and it's not around this long either.

So you doing something right! :)

16. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

[​IMG]

A little busy and hard to read but the logo itself looks Great. I'm glad if you click on it, it takes you to forum.

Deacon likes this.
  17. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Good banner, but yes, the white text does strain the eyes a bit. Maybe something shorter for this particular banner that is bigger and catches attention easier. Something like "Any kind of Radio, every kind of discussion. Join the discussion today!" or something along those lines. Otherwise, great job on the logo and everything. Looking very spiffy!

18. SuperH

SuperH New Member

I love that banner on Orbitcast. It made me come here and post about how much I loved that banner.

19. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

20. Deacon

Deacon Member

limegrass, I did the same thing...only change is that I made the banner clickable.

Copy and paste this into your sig and just take out the space between '[' and 'url' and between '[' and 'img' -

[ url=http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php][ img]http://www.geocities.com/roscoryan/banner1.gif[/img][/url]

[​IMG]

you can see my SBS sig here.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008