Stratus 6 "check antenna connection"

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I was getting the message a lot. I replaced the antenna to modest improvement.

Think a new dock could help?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Could be. It could also be the connection on the radio too. If you've replaced the antenna already, the dock would be the next cheapest option. Do you have another one to try?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Could be. It could also be the connection on the radio too. If you've replaced the antenna already, the dock would be the next cheapest option. Do you have another one to try?

I did notice that on the SUBX1 if I push the radio's buttons hard enough, the radio turns off and turns back on again. It could be one of those "that's what I get for a $10 radio" thing.

Now I wish I really didn't go back behind the car's built-in OEM radio with the Sirius antenna wire...getting that out could be a PITA. (I'd have my mechanic do it, but the one guy went off the map and the other guy is semi-retired and he sold the shop!)

I may try swapping the dock first. It's not like I don't have 30 of them laying around from previous radios.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Brand new dock in a plastic wrapper from TSS-Radio.

Two bars one second and "check antenna connection" the next. It works fine in the SUBX1, with the exception of when I push the preset buttons too hard, it resets.

I do remember a conversation of sometimes the pins get bent in certain ways so that they'll work in one dock and not another.

If it's not the dock and it's not the antenna, then...