Stratus 3 just stopped working

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by Vargas, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Bought a new car over the weekend and installed the Stratus 3 in the car. It worked great for a day and a half and then conked out on a trip. I haven't had a chance to really mess with it but I"m thinking it either has to be the power cord or the dock itself.

Anyone else ever have this happen. We were driving down the road listening to Alt Nation and the radio just shut off and would not come back on. It isn't my install either---I did a perfect job on that. Again, I'm thinking either a fuse blew in the power cord or for some reason the dock just stopped working. Either way, I'm going to screw around with it later but this is the first radio from Sirius (out of the 5 that I've owned) to just STOP working.

2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

That is frustrating. Just let me know if I can help.

3. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Yeah. The radio is only 2 years old or so and up until it just shut down, worked fine. Actually, 4 of the preset lights stopped working about 3 months after we got it but since it goes in my wifes car, she didn't really care too much so I never made a big deal.

I've already been on your sight and if it is in fact the 5v power cord, then I'll be ordering it from you.

Thanks.

4. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Welcome to the club. I had a Stratus fail on me too on a trip. It just stopped working. However, I now have a Starmate 4 and haven't looked back.

That's the problems with cheap electronics; they just don't want to last too long. However, you spend a few bucks more on something nicer and it'll last you a long time. It's kinda like my old 20-inch Samsung; I had it for a decade before I bought a new 32-inch widescreen last week. The old TV still worked just fine, but I only got $10 for it at the pawn shop. Samsungs tend to cost a little more, and it's because my old TV lasted a few years longer than the average TV.

5. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I have two 40 inch LCD's---both Samsung and I love em both. Plus, I recently bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player. I am a BIG Samsung fan.

I have an SL2 for myself. The radio that broke was in my wifes car and isn't used much. However, this is still no excuse to stop working but for $39.99 what can you expect.