Stiletto miDock

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by no1hedberg, Nov 2, 2008.

1. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Does anyone know what happened to the miDock? I was interested in buying one since the Soloist is being phased out, but nobody has them.

2. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

3. MM

MM Administrator

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Strange that these things never really caught on. I am trying to remember if anyone purchased one and reviewed it over on SBS.

5. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

That link if for the ipod version of the miDock. For some reason I thought I remember Taylor saying there was something wrong with the first run, and they would be re-released later. I may have it mixed up, but that was a long time ago. In fact I think I asked my wife for one last Christmas.

6. MM

MM Administrator

Sorry about that. The pic has a SL2 in it. :idunno:

7. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

No need to be sorry. Thanks for helping.

8. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yes. That's exactly what happened. I hope they come back before Christmas too. They are my favorite docking station to use since it's small. The problem was that with the Stiletto docked in it, it would mute for a second or two when listening to live or recorded content. I have the issue but it doesn't bother me that much.

9. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Thanks for the info Tom. Do you guys have a notification list for this thing?

10. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yes we do. It's just below the Out of Stock icon.
    Polk Audio Designs miDock Portfolio

11. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

I was really looking forward to this item because Polk is such a great speaker company. Reviews seem to be good. Maybe a distribution problem?

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I really wonder if Polk didn't just sort of look at what was going on in the industry and decide it wasn't worth the investment?

13. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Funny how things happen. Look at today's woot for $29.99:

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

14. MM

MM Administrator

I wonder if it has a Stiletto insert?

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

No think this one is for the iPod only!

16. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

17. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Does anyone know if this thing is still coming? I suspect it's dead, but I'm still hoping. Any word? Does anyone wanna sell one of the few that made it out?