Stiletto Adapter for Car?

UDcc123

Dec 22, 2008
Is there an adapter I can use for my Sirius stiletto2 to plug into my car & use like an mp3 player? I have the car kit, but don't want to install it yet because I'm going to be getting a new car in about 6 months and want to use it there.

Thanks.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
you can just use a cable to go from your headphone jack to the aux-in on your receiver

SS-6FT-1F2RCA.jpg

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Without a dock, you'll only have pre-recorded content, but ...

If your car stereo has an aux port:
6-Ft. Shielded Cable, 1/8" Stereo Plug to 1/8" Stereo Plug - RadioShack.com

If not and you have a tape deck:
Belkin® Mobile Cassette Adapter for iPod® - RadioShack.com

He did say that he wanted to use it as an mp3 player, so I assume he knew that...

However, couldn't he use the car kit without installing it? Use the lighter attachment to power the dock and connect the audio cable to the aux-in. The only thing that wouldn't be used is the antenna. But the Stilleto could still be used to play recorded material without having to purchase additional parts.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
He did say that he wanted to use it as an mp3 player, so I assume he knew that...

However, couldn't he use the car kit without installing it? Use the lighter attachment to power the dock and connect the audio cable to the aux-in. The only thing that wouldn't be used is the antenna. But the Stilleto could still be used to play recorded material without having to purchase additional parts.

He could do that for a long trip. However, when listening to prerecorded content, I easily get 8 hours or more from the slim battery, so I usually forget all the wires and just plug it into the aux port.

By the way, at TSS-RADIO you can get docks only. I got a stiletto dock there for listening at work. I didn't need an antenna or an AC adapter. It wasn't very expensive at all. It is posible to listen to prerecorded content through a car dock without the cig lighter adapter or the antenna. It would make for a cleaner setup without teh radio and wires laying around the car.

Good Luck.

UDcc123

Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for the help. I initially tried just using the lighter attachment from the car kit, but I couldn't find a good station without static to listen to. There isn't any Aux-in input jack that I can easily access. But the cassette tape option from radio shack worked perfectly.

Thanks.