StarPlayr for Windows Public Alpha - GeeksToolBox, LLC

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
Just booted up Starplayr now, and to my surprise, Best of XM added! Awesome! It doesnt even show up on the regular Sirius online player, even though I paid for it. Starplayr rocks!

I noticed this too! I have the Best of SIRIUS on my brother's XM radio and I recently added Best of SIRIUS to my XM so that I could lend my SIRIUS to my daughter occasionally. Both Best of's show up in Starplayr.

Thank you GeeksToolBox!!!!!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Just got a new update, channel logos seem smaller, and things are organized differently in the channel listing window, also, all my BoXM channels are gone again. Damn! I was just getting used to them! I see Howard 100 and 101 have 'album art' now, that don't have to do with a 1980's comedy album that Howard released. ;)

Any other changes we should know about? Can I look forward to Best of XM re-added?

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
I had a similar issue with XM channels. if there is an update tab on the player, click it and that should solve the problem.

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
Just got a new update, channel logos seem smaller, and things are organized differently in the channel listing window, also, all my BoXM channels are gone again. Damn! I was just getting used to them! I see Howard 100 and 101 have 'album art' now, that don't have to do with a 1980's comedy album that Howard released. ;)

Any other changes we should know about? Can I look forward to Best of XM re-added?

Open the player channel list, click update. If your best of channel list still does not show, just PM me ONLY your login username and I will clear the session cookies server side. Then you can just restart the player and request the channel list update again and you will be good to go.

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
When SiriusXM merges the channels later this week, will this player give us the new updated channel list?

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
When SiriusXM merges the channels later this week, will this player give us the new updated channel list?

Unless they make massive site changes that breaks everything, you should be able to just click update and get the new list, or the app will auto update every 3 days.

I suggest waiting for me to click update first so you don't lose your lists for a few days in case I can't get to it until the weekend... but yes it should follow whatever they do with their online offerings.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Been using it all night, and found that compared to when it was working a few weeks ago, it seems to have buffer/audio issues more often. Sometimes the audio drops and it looks like its buffering or trying to play, but nothing. Stopping and restarting sometimes fixes, othertimes, it doesn't connect to the stream again. Artist info is missing a lot, and instead just says 'powered by streamsmart'. But, this could be due to my internet connection. No telling how much bandwidth my roomate is taking up tonite, so I will continue to use it happily, and see if the problem persists tomorrow! No worries, still my fav. Sirius player out there.

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
Been using it all night, and found that compared to when it was working a few weeks ago, it seems to have buffer/audio issues more often. Sometimes the audio drops and it looks like its buffering or trying to play, but nothing. Stopping and restarting sometimes fixes, othertimes, it doesn't connect to the stream again. Artist info is missing a lot, and instead just says 'powered by streamsmart'. But, this could be due to my internet connection. No telling how much bandwidth my roomate is taking up tonite, so I will continue to use it happily, and see if the problem persists tomorrow! No worries, still my fav. Sirius player out there.

I am working on optimizing the PDT algorithms so it will get better. As updates are pushed to the server the tracker will go down for a minute or so at a time during the push.

electrostatictom

Oct 15, 2008
Not working again

I turned on the player this morning and it is not working again. It's seems the server is down again. Is this true?

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
Hasn't been working for me since about 11:00 CST. I lost the stream information at about 10:00 and now it won't load sirius for me.

nocturne1

Nov 11, 2008
Same here. Site was down in the morning, up for a while, and now back down again. Can't even get to any of the geekstoolbox.com sites.

electrostatictom

Oct 15, 2008
No. I am listening now and have been. Read the above post.

When updates are being pushed, things may stop for up to a minute.

I figured something was wrong with my player, so I uninstalled, tried to log on to geekstoolbox to reinstall and the site is now down. Where else can I find the program to reinstall?

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
New channel list is out from sirius and XM.

Click the update button in the channel window and enjoy.

Due to the extent of the channel lineup changes, you will need to update your preset selections even if the preset graphic is correct.