StarPlayr for Windows Public Alpha - GeeksToolBox, LLC

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the updates, even if they aren't positive. ;)

Good to hear your still working on resolving it, and that your still around to let us know. Looking forward to it's fulltime return!

I'll donate in a week or two when I can!

siriusxm_csrep

Oct 28, 2008
Thanks for the updates, even if they aren't positive. ;)

Good to hear your still working on resolving it, and that your still around to let us know. Looking forward to it's fulltime return!

I'll donate in a week or two when I can!

That goes double for me. I was very impressed with the Starplayr for Windows based on the fact that SIRIUS and XM can co-exist on the same player. Apparently, the people I work with in Customer Care don't know or care for it. Sad, really.

It just sucks about what happened with the hosting issue.

Oh well, I can live with the SIRIUS Tuner widget from siriustuner.com for now. :D

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
I too really hate to see the player not working. I had just learned about only days before the site went down. I do appreciate all of the work that you guys are doing to get it up and running again. Thank you!

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
Hmmm, still doesn't seem to be working for me? Not sure what is going on...I reinstalled to no avail.

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
It's working at my office, where I run XP...got Vista at home...might that be the problem?

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
StarPlayr sounds nice. Does the Sirius Starplayer support the "Best of XM" channels yet?

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
Not that I think the developers have any ill will, but how does the player handle your username and password? Does it act as a bypass to Sirius or XM? Does it host them on the server? I looked around on the website, but I didn't see much.

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
Not that I think the developers have any ill will, but how does the player handle your username and password? Does it act as a bypass to Sirius or XM? Does it host them on the server? I looked around on the website, but I didn't see much.

It passes them on the same way the browser would when using their subscriber sites. The client saves them locally with your user settings.

Reactions: phillyphan

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Just booted up Starplayr now, and to my surprise, Best of XM added! Awesome! It doesnt even show up on the regular Sirius online player, even though I paid for it. Starplayr rocks!