StarPlayr for Windows Public Alpha - GeeksToolBox, LLC

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by DAB, Oct 9, 2008.

1. nocturne1

nocturne1 New Member

Seems to be working great after the lineup change on Sirius. Quick question though - is there any way to clear a preset? Now that some channels are gone, it'd be nice to re-blank the preset field....

2. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Right now the only way is to replace the preset.

3. bwaldron

bwaldron Member

Great work ... thanks!

4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Updated the channel list this morning, everything looks good.

I ended up replacing a few presets since the ones I had were still listed but all pointed someplace else, but no biggie.

5. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

The PDT hitrate should be much higher for album art now, and the application should be VERY fast.

I just made a nice performance bump about 10 mins ago, and we replaced a network card that was acting up this afternoon on the server.

6. mixhail

mixhail New Member

Is there a channel update for the mac client yet? Just wondering if one was in the works too.

7. edgarb

edgarb Member

Working great! Thanks!

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You guys are faster at getting the icons and the online service working quicker than Sirius. Working great here!

Now that the server fiasco is behind you, lets get that iPhone/iPod Touch app available on the Apple App store!

9. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

There is a known bug I will address later tonight:

After a fresh install or receiving an update, it can appear that the player is not logged in and the channel list will be empty, however no login failure messages are displayed. If you subscribe to only one service, click "Select Channel" then click the update button once. Once the update is complete, select a channel for play.

If you subscribe to both services, click "Select Channel" then click the update button. Then, click "Select Channel" then click the update button again. Once the updates are complete, select a channel for play.

10. nocturne1

nocturne1 New Member

Just got last night's update, and my presets yet again got messed up (half are missing, the other half are wrong). Is there anything I can redo to prevent this type of issue from happening? Some sort of reset of my settings?

11. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

For presets there is nothing you can do on your end. I am in the process of implementing the preset storage server side which will solve the issue.

Remember, this is a free public Alpha release...so there will be some small annoyances from time to time.

12. nocturne1

nocturne1 New Member

I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something in my settings that could have been contributing to the problem. Trust me, I know the annoyances of alphas - and your app's benefits far outweigh the bad parts. :)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

13. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

The update this morning fixed the buffering issues I've had before, things are running smoother, album art shows more often now, and station info and now playing appears almost instantly again.

Keep it up!

14. bwaldron

bwaldron Member

Same here. Used it a lot today, and it performed like a champ.

15. styckx

styckx Member

Love this player

16. thegame310

thegame310 Member

I lose my presets often, not that it's a big deal but is this suppose to happen?

17. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Once the server side preset feature is up and running, that will stop happening. Right now it's kind of random.

18. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I haven't been able to get mine to load, not sure what the problem is.

19. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Try again... I just pushed out a pretty major update including server side presets.

Close and re-open to get the latest version.

20. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Thanks that fixed it!