StarPlayr for Windows Public Alpha - GeeksToolBox, LLC

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by DAB, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Thanks for the updates, even if they aren't positive. ;)

Good to hear your still working on resolving it, and that your still around to let us know. Looking forward to it's fulltime return!

I'll donate in a week or two when I can!

2. siriusxm_csrep

siriusxm_csrep New Member

That goes double for me. I was very impressed with the Starplayr for Windows based on the fact that SIRIUS and XM can co-exist on the same player. Apparently, the people I work with in Customer Care don't know or care for it. Sad, really.

It just sucks about what happened with the hosting issue.

Oh well, I can live with the SIRIUS Tuner widget from siriustuner.com for now. :D

3. edgarb

edgarb Member

I too really hate to see the player not working. I had just learned about only days before the site went down. I do appreciate all of the work that you guys are doing to get it up and running again. Thank you!

4. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Our new servers are running.

I am rebuilding the sites right now while the DNS changes propagate across the internet.

You can follow the current status and progress via twitter: Twitter / GeeksToolbox

5. MM

MM Administrator

Good news! Everyone will be happy.

6. edgarb

edgarb Member

This is great news! Thanks for all of your hard work!

7. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Backup up guys. Bang it hard and test out the new servers.

8. edgarb

edgarb Member

Doesn't seem to be working for me...I can visit the Geeks ToolBox forums but the player isn't working. I'll keep trying....thanks for the update!

9. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!:fallinlove:

10. willie321

willie321 Member

XM feeds are down, as it is on other players (sidebar gadget) But as above THANK YOU!!!!!

11. edgarb

edgarb Member

Hmmm, still doesn't seem to be working for me? Not sure what is going on...I reinstalled to no avail.

12. electrostatictom

electrostatictom New Member

Works for me, thanks a million!!

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Working for me too!

14. edgarb

edgarb Member

It's working at my office, where I run XP...got Vista at home...might that be the problem?

15. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Working great for me on Xp Pro, thanks!!!

16. MikeJW

MikeJW Member

StarPlayr sounds nice. Does the Sirius Starplayer support the "Best of XM" channels yet?

17. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Not what I can tell so far, but, he said its a feature thats coming soon, so I'm looking forward to it.

Good to see it back up though!

18. Superman07

Superman07 Member

Not that I think the developers have any ill will, but how does the player handle your username and password? Does it act as a bypass to Sirius or XM? Does it host them on the server? I looked around on the website, but I didn't see much.

19. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

It passes them on the same way the browser would when using their subscriber sites. The client saves them locally with your user settings.

phillyphan likes this.
  20. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Just booted up Starplayr now, and to my surprise, Best of XM added! Awesome! It doesnt even show up on the regular Sirius online player, even though I paid for it. Starplayr rocks!