Starmate ST2 problems

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by AlanS, Dec 10, 2008.

1. AlanS

AlanS New Member

Yes, I too have the older ST2 model. It died. Sirius cannot get it to get a signal. As many times as they have tried, it does not accept a signal. Also, I think one of the inputs might be bad...just a hunch because when it 'used to work', in it's last days, you had to giggle it in the boombox to get sound....antenna said it had a signal, but no sound. Then one day...all I got was the "You must activate your radio" memo...just the weather channel, no sound.
    So...what do I do now? I have the car kit in place, I have the boombox...but the ST2's are no longer available... Do I just throw away all the accessories and start new?

2. craptacular

craptacular New Member

may i have them if you don't want it?

3. AlanS

AlanS New Member

Well, the boombox works just fine and so do all the accessories....it's the unit that is dead. What did you have in mind?

4. nwiser

nwiser New Member

dont they sell them on ebay still? it may not have the coveted strong FM transmitter, but at least all your accessories will still work.

5. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

You can still find starmate's with strong fm transmitters on ebay. I found one about 6 months ago. Make sure it's a reputable dealer, if so, check their history, they've probably sold starmates with good transmitters in the past.