Starbase FM-SC1 or SC-FM1

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by Mopar86, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

I don't want anyone to get confused so I'll just point it out:

The NEW Starbase FM-SC1 needs an SCC1 Tuner or SCVDOC1 w/dock and play

The Older Starbase SC-FM1 doesn't need an SCC1

Other differences:
    The new Starbase does have an AUX-IN to connect an iPod or other device
    The old one does not

They have different models numbers

anyone else seen of heard of differences?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

the new one is a lot less bulky than the old one, making for an easier install.

The new version looks really nice though. I was really tempted to get it so that I could simplify my current Sirius installation. The new version would let me put all the "boxes" up front under my cupholders. The old Starbase stuff as a bit too big for that and I had to run everything to the plastic storage space under my rear seats (2006 Tacoma Doublecab). But I put all that on hold until I found out what the Best-of and ala-carte options would be. Now if I upgrade, I need to decide between the new starbase, and the XM Commander MT (basically the same form factor as the new starbase).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. John Durbin

John Durbin New Member

Some other notable differences vs. SCFM1:

Channel navigation is enhanced: 10 key supporting direct ch input, rotary knob for surfing

Bigger 5 line display

You can use the FMSC1 as a stand-alone source - in Preamp mode, the rotary knob becomes the volume control by default but reverts to navigation up/down if you press another tuning-related button first. You don't have to have another HU to use it this way, just an amplifier & speakers.

John

4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

John it's so great to have you here for help. Stop by anytime you have the chance.