Song/Artist seek dead on merged channels?!

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by i-l-l, Nov 13, 2008.

1. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

WTF. I noticed a song I had saved in my song seek was playing on Heart & Soul and my radio didn't alert me. So I switched over to the channel and hit memo to make sure it was saved but nothing happened. I switched over to Shade45 and hit memo on a random song playig and it allowed me to save either the song or artist. Went back to H & S and still nothing happened.

I went to The Blend and Love and I could only save the song not the artist. 40's on 4 nothing. 40s-80s nothing 90s only song. E Street, both artist and song.

(Using Sportster 4)

2. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

no one else has had this issue?????

3. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

My XM artist seek didn't work for a little bit yesterday, but it seems to be going strong now.

4. JYJr

JYJr Member

5. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

TuneSelect works fine on my XM Inno.

6. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

Ditto for me on my XpressRC....strange seeing the new logos still!

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Replays seem to be dead at the moment too.

I had Area on for a few hours at work and my SL2 didn't capture any of it.
    I switched over to hair nation to see what was going on over there post merger, and got about 45 minutes. The played Winger, so I switched over to Lithium.

Portishead is on now. . . . . Not quite format, but I still dig it.

8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

My radio replays seem to be working on my SL10. Octane was on while I was listening to my recording of 100, and it captured 2 hours of it for me in the replay.

9. TimTimSalabim

TimTimSalabim Active Member

I got an 'Artist unavailable' today when I tried to save them hitting Memo on my Starmate Replay. I don't recall ever seeing that before. And I believe it was a ported XM station (the Loft if I recall).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  10. jwt873

jwt873 Member

The Artist/Song info is screwed up on Sirius radios.

Try this....

Go to the 70's and press the Memo button.. You'll get:
    Store Artist
    Store Song

Go to the 60's and press the Memo button.. You'll get:
    Artist Unavailable
    Store Song

Go to the 90's and press the Memo button.. You'll get
    Nothing.. The Memo button doesn't work at all.

Strange :)

11. TimTimSalabim

Yes, I'm getting the same sort of behavior, sometimes I get Artist Unavailable, other times my receiver just stares back at me.

Very annoying because I've heard a bunch of artists on The Loft and Deep Tracks that I wanted to store.

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I was seeing this on my SL2 before I canceled my sub, but I think it is because many of the new channels are originating out of DC and not NY, they probably have different PID info and thereore the SL2 doesn't recognize it.

13. totti

totti Member

you're right, i noticed that i cannot store any song (alert) playing on BPM on my Sportster 4, or any of the channels affected by the merger, WTF!?!?

14. siriusdude

siriusdude Member

I bought a Sportster 4 specifically for the fact you could save artists or songs so it would remind you every time they are played on a station. Now I notice that since they channels have merged it won;t recognize any of the artists/songs I already have saved on the XM channels they put on Sirius. It also won;t let me save any artists on XM channels. It only will allow you to save a song. This totally blows. If I knew they were going to kill this feature of the radio by merging channels I would have just gotten the Starmate 4 and saved a few bucks.

Sirius really seems to be trying to do everything they can to piss off their custo ers and drive them away.

15. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

Still broken.

1/2 of my stored songs/artist was from Sirius Love and I've got 0 beeps since last week. With the Sirius Love PD getting canned last week, I'm pretty sure Sirius XM Love is The Heart's old playlist. Shame too. Sirius Love use to play my favorite songs at least once a day. I quick song search on dogstar show that only 1 of my stored songs was played and that was last Friday. Do they even have the Soft Touch block anymore?

Heart & Soul is a lot better playing songs that haven't been on Sirius since Slow Jamz died but I can't song seek any of them >_>

16. TimTimSalabim

Has anyone contacted Sirius about this and if so what answer did you get?

17. johnbom

johnbom Member

I'm getting same issues.

Customer Support @ Sirius is fairly useless. The standard answer for them is to get a new antenna....

18. siriusdude

siriusdude Member

I haven't e-mailed them about this problem yet but if their answer is going to be get a new antenna, what is the point. It isn't my antenna that is causing this problem.

I want the damn radio to notify me when my saved groups and songs are played!!!! So fix the dang problem Sirius.

19. TimTimSalabim

I emailed them today and will post whatever reply I get.

20. wpicha

wpicha Member

I e-mailed them last week about it, and 5 days after I sent it I got a message suggesting I call Customer Service. I haven't called because if there is or will be a fix, I'm confident I would see it here first. This is their reply, for what its worth:

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding your
    SIRIUS receiver. We are here to assist you.

Bill, we regret to learn that difficulty you are having with your SIRIUS
    receiver. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we
    certainly understand your frustration. However, for the the best
    possible resoloution we suggest you call SIRIUS Customer Care at the
    number below.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
    you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
    Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by email at:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Customer Care

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at: