Some people dont like the grateful dead channel...

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Tgajr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

But I love it. Right now as I write this I am listening to a Ratdog concert which they will play it all from 11-9-08. THATS JUST yesterday. Here are the details. What a channel!

Ratdog Concert Rebroadcast
    Tonight 9:00 pm ET
    On November 9, The Grateful Dead Channel broadcast a live concert by Bob Weir and Ratdog from Bridgeport, Connecticut. If you missed it, be sure to catch the rebroadcast.

Rebroadcast: Weds., Nov. 12th @ 3 am ET; Fri., Nov. 14th @ 9 pm ET; Sat., Nov. 15th @ 12 pm ET; Sun., Nov. 16th @ 9 pm ET.

And Mr idratherbeskiing can stick it. You publicly denounce GD channel. I therefore publicly will praise it!!!

2. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

sweet, now if someone could flush that Praise channel we'd be getting somewhere

3. not all people like them!!! I personally would never be caught dead or undead listening to them but my sister in law loves them and hates my music

4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

And I shouldn't say this, because I've complained enough about losing my favorite channel, The Bridge... but I am loving Led Zeppelin Radio. :buttrock:

Not a fan of the Grateful Dead however.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well I've never cared for them and I darn sure don't care for them now especially because they took the Bridge out to put them on the service. I'd much rather have the Bridge.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I don't usually tune in either.
    They didn't decriminalize marijuana here in Ohio. . . . . but I'm willing to travel. . . .

7. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

The Grateful Dead suck:mad:

8. I have to say this but Deadheads are the dirtiest looking people I have ever seen.

9. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Sucks. I'd listen to elvis....oh god THEY BOTH SUCK....but Backspin had to go.

10. styckx

styckx Member

I don't think it's that people don't like THAT channel per say, I think most just hate the dedicated artist channels in general

11. bwaldron

bwaldron Member

That's my opinion, definitely.

12. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I agree. Maybe I get Elvis because I can imagine there are maniacs that only listen to that (Stern has claimed he met someone that only has Sirius for that station) but all these artist only channels for white rock artists when "mixed" genres get the short shift (disco and old school rap) really sucks! Those channels got to go!

13. MM

MM Administrator

My wife is a fan. She records using Starplayr for Mac. :)

14. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

When i had sirius i never once tuned to a single artist channel-after a few hours i would think you would burnout on that artist.

15. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

Right! I like the idea of an AC/DC channel more than the actual thing...same with the Zep!

16. petteri

petteri New Member

For Dead fans this channel is a godsend! It really is a well programmed channel with a ton of great specials, concerts, interviews and more! The programming is never stale and goes through the entire Dead catalogue. They brought in some great talent to run this channel and it shows. Thanks Sirius!

17. edgarb

edgarb Member

I agree with the above. The thing about the dead is that you can hear the same song more than once but it's different every time. Take the concerts for example, it matters what they play before and after a particular song and that makes the song different. Not to mention the jams which are never the same. Long live this channel!

18. blyons200

Gotta agree with that, damn dirty hippies! Get a hair cut!:p

19. And they have the gaul to say us goths need help. At least we dont worship some dead guy!!!!

20. blyons200

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frC0v-J3fPU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008