Some new Shock Jock talk channel is a brewing

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
You can just tell from some changes. This is all speculation but I suspect Tim Sabean is trying to pull many of the more popular talk shows together on one channel.

Here are some possible outcomes

1. Possibly Howard 101 gets rebranded. It offers Replays of Stern and O&A and is not a premium channel meaning that base Sirius and XM Subscribers could listen to it.

2. A new channel is created and has a mix of O&A and Stern Replays but also has a live midday show (Cowhead?)

I dunno, just throwing it out there.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
A shake up like that would be great.
I don't channel surf enough to listen to all of those shows. It would be great for someone like me to get exposed to the options.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
Tim doesn't work for Stern anymore so it won't be 100/101 related but I believe it will be Jason Ellis who headlines this station.

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
I can't see 101 rebranded or O and A & Howard being being tied to any channel together.

I do think Ellis will be tied with O and A somewhere.

However, Opie said a few weeks ago that their show was going to afternoons which would make no sense if Ellis is involved.

They do need to kill the best of Sirius and best of XM angles. It makes no sense for 1 half of the subs to not get Howard and the other not get O & A. People who may think they have no interest in Howard may actually now like the new vanilla Howard but they will not pay extra to find out. Same goes with O & A. People bored with new Howard may like O & A but they will never find out.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I can't see 101 rebranded or O and A & Howard being being tied to any channel together.

I do think Ellis will be tied with O and A somewhere.

However, Opie said a few weeks ago that their show was going to afternoons which would make no sense if Ellis is involved.

They do need to kill the best of Sirius and best of XM angles. It makes no sense for 1 half of the subs to not get Howard and the other not get O & A. People who may think they have no interest in Howard may actually now like the new vanilla Howard but they will not pay extra to find out. Same goes with O & A. People bored with new Howard may like O & A but they will never find out.

Exactly! Don't say your one company and then offer some best of packages.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can see a new shock jock channel in the works, especially with Ron and Fez moving to RawDog.

Maybe Artie will be on the new channel doing nights, maybe they put Adam Carolla's Podcast on for an hour or two in the afternoon, maybe even BTLS (terrestrial repeat only) for PM Drive in his old 3-7 slot.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Maybe David Lee Roth can get a slot, too.

Only if he comes in when Howard leaves.

I agree with the others. A channel on the basic package, no matter what radio you have, that is sort of a "blend" of the various shock jocks, might be a good way to become interested in the other shows.

I don't see it being live because that would lessen the need for someone to subscribe to a higher package to get the live shows. It could be a "gateway" channel, if you will.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Only if he comes in when Howard leaves.

I agree with the others. A channel on the basic package, no matter what radio you have, that is sort of a "blend" of the various shock jocks, might be a good way to become interested in the other shows.

I don't see it being live because that would lessen the need for someone to subscribe to a higher package to get the live shows. It could be a "gateway" channel, if you will.

Gateway is good. It's time to start getting all of the programming onto the same platform. Even if it's the replays, it's a good start.

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
Well I think it's safe to say I was off about this.

The O&A channel now has a pre-show at 6am ET-6:30. Then O&A 6:30-10:30am then a 30 minute after show. Then the shows repeat.

Replays all day doesn't help sell the online/app side of Sirius. This is the opposite of what I thought they would do. I assumed more content and less replay would come across the board.