So here we are the Monday before the change and NO WORD

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Tgajr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

WTF? Who does this company think they are? There should be a new channel line up guide ready to go RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Sirius XM is a private company or a government agency with all this inefficiency and nonsense business practices!!!!!

2. satrad65

satrad65 Member

Really now, did you expect any different?

3. syphix

syphix Member

Remember: we "ultra-fans" of SIRIUS/XM are a mathematical very few (something like .1% of combined subscribers, based on members of DRC, XMFan, & XM411). If they announce something EARLIER than when it is launched/changed, two things will happen: (a) people will cancel in anticipation of the changes; (b) they are mapping out to the subscribers what WILL happen...and if it doesn't happen exactly as planned (technical issues, etc.), people will complain.

The vast majority of SIRIUS/XM subscribers will notice little change come Wednesday. Sure, the name of the channel will change slightly, as will the programming, but overall...it'll be the same GENRE of music on the same channels. And most people will not notice much (except for where the channels are removed/moved). We're fanatics. We're crazy. We refresh forums all day, minimizing our browser window when we hear our bosses footsteps...but we are few. VERY few.

4. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

Amen.

5. TimTimSalabim

TimTimSalabim Active Member

Or, it's possible that those who don't follow this closely will be completely blindsided and will be even more pissed than us and start cancelling their subscriptions in droves.

6. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I would be shocked if people started canceling in droves.

My brother in law, who loves XM and the concept of satrad but is nowhere the freaks that we are, has absolutely no issue with any of this at all.

As a matter of fact, he thinks that "we" are spending wayyy too much time discussing this.

This is from a guy who is pretty intelligent, a Doctor by trade.

7. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

This is what we have come to expect.

The thing is I love Sirius, been here since the begining. And even I am begining to think about ways to get more from the $20.97 + tax (3 radios @ $6.99 added to my lifetime) that I am thinking about if it is worth it. I have lifetime so that isn't going away, but.......

What is the value of customer service? Could be priceless, the word of mouth has done more than all the ads that XM and Sirius have run.

Imagine if they cared what we thought? Imagine how different they might be. They would have told us something. They would have sent out an email to say that changes are coming and that details will be released a few days before the changes take effect.

Instead we get nothing. :loser:

8. syphix

syphix Member

We are, really.. :) My wife keeps say, "You're on that forum again??" :cool::eek:

9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

My wife just rolls here eyes. When I mentioned that this was happening she just said 'well as long as I have my stories (XM164) and my country station (XM17), I will be fine'. She doesn't care which one. She stopped caring right after I answered the question 'Does Sirius have an old time radio channe?' with a yes.