SL2: ZAP 2.0.5.69029r OS 2.0.3.54429 New Logos/Backgrounds {Released 3/9/09}

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Dood! You had better not be jerking our toast!

Hiccups? Let us know how it's working out.

Thanks for the news!

PS, somebody email IdRatherBeSkiing!
You made his 2009 Kryptonite

I will get mine via device recovery. I wonder if it is more than just logos.

I will see if Sirius has any official bulletin. Nope.

I will watch for the flying pigs.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Do we know whether or not the memory bug has been addressed? If these muther@$%#^s put out an update without fixing the memory bug that would suck big time.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I noticed on the Best of XM, channel 210 still shows up as XM Sports play by play and not MLB Home Plate.

Maybe they're waiting for the start of the season, when they can officially unveil it? :confused:

Uh-oh. I've been listening to H100 on WiFi since the end of the Wrap-Up Show. I just got an inactivity message. :mad:

And what is this memory bug I keep hearing about? I'm not noticing any major issues with operation, although I do fully reset the radio from time to time.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Here it was on the XMP3.
XMP3_11.jpg

That picture must be pretty old, SIRI was all the way up to $0.29 :shock:

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I was trying to do the recovery process and it said that it couldn't do it.

It was a pain to get the recovery software to work (and I never really got it to work). :idunno:

So I just getting the the new update from MSS.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This is interesting.

Apparently now there are TWO (very slightly different) logos for Playboy Radio. In Satellite Radio mode, the "Playboy Radio" text is slightly larger and on two different lines. In Internet Radio mode, the "Playboy Radio" text is slightly smaller and on one line.

Also, say you have XM Sports PbP going through the satellite mode, and switch to a music channel online. Pressing the "previous" button will now toggle between the two stations, even if one is satellite and one is internet. :cool:

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
OK, so the S50 gets a channel logo/voice tag update first. Now the SL2 gets one.

Does anyone know if/when the SL100 will get an update?

serazin

Mar 10, 2009
Canada
new member here but long time sirius listener, had to find some place to complain about this latest update to my SL2, the inactivity bullshit notice while on wifi is a pain in the ass!

serazin

Mar 10, 2009
Canada
Welcome to the DRC!

Thanks!

my SL2 updated or something last night while on wifi but didnt notice the inactivity thing til i put the the unit in the car dock and it updated there. the update took forever and i lost my sub for about 5 mins, thought i was calling sirius canada. when i get some from work i usually just pop the head phones on and listen to bubba and ferrall while doin shit around the house. tonight i started getting this damn inactivity thing to press >> or it cuts out, while not a big deal really its kind shitty.

does anyone know if the inactivity thing happen while in satellite mode too? because i might just invest in a boombox now to listen at home, not as good as wifi to me but it always seems to cut out when im listening to something good.

sirius dropped the ball on this one, i looked for an option to turn this feature off and nothing.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Ah, if I only still had my Sirius account and SL2 to rejoice in proper channel names and logos!:)

Not quite proper....yet. It still has pop2K on 39 in SAT mode. WiFi I think the logos are all good.

Maybe it's time for a XMp3. ;)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks!

my SL2 updated or something last night while on wifi but didnt notice the inactivity thing til i put the the unit in the car dock and it updated there. the update took forever and i lost my sub for about 5 mins, thought i was calling sirius canada. when i get some from work i usually just pop the head phones on and listen to bubba and ferrall while doin shit around the house. tonight i started getting this damn inactivity thing to press >> or it cuts out, while not a big deal really its kind shitty.

does anyone know if the inactivity thing happen while in satellite mode too? because i might just invest in a boombox now to listen at home, not as good as wifi to me but it always seems to cut out when im listening to something good.

sirius dropped the ball on this one, i looked for an option to turn this feature off and nothing.

Have you done a full shut down or reset?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Thanks!

Woah! Bad grammar effect!

I'm trying to make sense out of that first paragraph, and I think I made enough sense of it. As far as the inactivity thing goes, I figure that changing the channel during commerical breaks, which a lot of people may be doing anyway, should be enough to bypass that message.

As far as the bolded part goes, you get some from work? Where do you work? Talk about benefits!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'd probably go for the XMP3 except for a few issues:

What would I do with my Sirius stuff? If I could use Best Buy's return policy to get an XMP3, that wouldn't be a bad deal, EXCEPT i'd probably be paying more and have two bills, since I have a Starmate 4 that I didn't get from BB.

Starting as a new XM subscriber isn't really a good option. In addition to the above, i'd have to pay for Best Of Sirius year-round. If there's no MLB on BOXM, i'm planning on removing BOXM as hockey season dies down.

And, let's face it - the current portables such as Stiletto, XMP3, and Inno will probably be yesterday's technology once a portable MiRGE comes out. I'd rather save up for one of those radios.

Last edited: