SL2 - No mo' LOVE?!?!?!

Entourage

Dec 1, 2008
Sirius response

I spoke with Sirius about this problem and they indicated the Stiletto was the only unit they were hearing of problems. She mentioned the artisit was the only issue she was aware of.

FYI:confused:

dblue351

Dec 2, 2008
Well I am glad to know this is not just me. My S50 was stolen a few weeks back and I just got a ST2. I thought it was just the ST2 that was messed up, but now I see it is all units that record. I called customer support, but they are pretty clueless to the entire situation. I think it just depends who you talk to over there in India I am sure... They all have different awnsers...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I could not love a long from ClassicRewind last night. I think it has to do with where the music originates. If it is DC, love does not work.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The fact I bought the stiletto 2 was for the LOVE button,now it works just like any other radio! What a bunch of BS! -Thanks XM....
Anyone have good reception with that built in antenna?I get like 1 bar with the built in antenna,obviously this is worthless as well!
Expensive radio that has features that dont work,whats the deal?

This issue has nothing to do with XM. Remember XM was basically merged into Sirius and all the decisions made since that time were done by Sirius and their corporate management team.

By the way all the XM tuners song/artist seek continues to work without issue. The XM tuners continue to update wallpapers and channel icons. Sirius tuners? Uh they have never done so.

So, just my opinion, but I think your problem here is Sirius!

willie321

Oct 18, 2008
Pennsylvania
I wanted to jump in with my "theory." My SL100 is having the same random issue as others have described. After joining the Slacker ranks and reading up on the service, could it be that Sirius/XM has the same license issue that Slacker has with certain artists not allowing specific songs to be "loved" without telling us. The RIAA is all over the map with their new ideas on how to stop piracy and perhaps this is another attempt at their blackmail tactics...just my two cents worth.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well on the XM side the song/artist seek is still working just fine, this is just on the Sirius side only. So, I think it is technical! I think I recall both XM and Sirius having agreement with the music labels and the RIAA approving their devices. This is why there are so many limitations in regards to only 10 hours of loved songs, no saving songs from recording music etc.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
LOVE that LOVE BUTTON ;)

Yeah like any moron with a computer cant record songs anyway.
They are throwing quarters where theres no fishbowls to catch them!
The cat is already out of the bag and kids nowadays are 10 times smarter,so all their doing with these ideas are talking the ENJOYMENT out of everything,I say screw all the restrictions,it does nothing to deter anyone.
I really liked the love button on my stiletto 2 ,its great for when nothing is on or when you wanna rock out to your favorite songs!
I updated my stiletto and seems like so far KNOCK ON WOOD ,its recording everything.And if not its a matter of time before someone comes up with a way around it.

speed_phreak

Nov 13, 2008
i really do like satellite radio. i'm glad i waited for the stiletto 2. it is a good size. reception is good with the antenna headphones. WIFI is awesome. But, i am getting irritated with the new and long standing problems.

1 memory corruption
2 love
3 zap updates

did anyone ever figure out if the memory corruption issues are hardware or software/firmware related? i am concerned with directed leaving the picture, that this issue has no chance of getting resolved... stiletto 2 accessories and radios seem to be slowly disappearing from stock everywhere....

oh, and Audiovox? c'mon, have they ever made anything that was decent?

ovrrdrive

Oct 14, 2008
My SL100 works better than my wife's SL2, but both are having this recording problem. I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Makes you feel good doesn't it? Paying over $300 for a product no one at Sirius seems to care about? I am a huge Sirius fan, but some of the things lately are pissing me off. One the things they told us would be in the best of aren't there. I just feel that I've waisted money paying for life time on both sirius and best of packages. Maybe it will turn around soon.

XeroFuzion

Nov 25, 2008
Well on the XM side the song/artist seek is still working just fine, this is just on the Sirius side only. So, I think it is technical! I think I recall both XM and Sirius having agreement with the music labels and the RIAA approving their devices. This is why there are so many limitations in regards to only 10 hours of loved songs, no saving songs from recording music etc.

I reported this issue before that I now can not LOVE songs that I have in the past. I did it again today. Like before I still try to LOVE songs just to see if I can or cant. Today I tried to LOVE one that I already have in my library and was not able to.

I am also leaning toward supporting the theory of licensing issues. Why else would Sirius/XM start playing songs from 10 years ago all of a sudden? I WAS a big Octane fan until October. I havent heard this much Limp Bizkit since 1999. WTF?:wtf:

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
i've noticed this issue too, but it seems to be a per-song basis (and not a per-channel one).

there is some sort of status flag that determines if the current song is recordable. i.e. you can record a song with the "love" button, but pressing the button on the announcement between songs brings up the recording options display. this also happens when you press "love" on a talk station.

it seems like sirius stopped caring about this status flag, much like they stopped caring about the customers who bought the stiletto 2 and don't want to reset the unit every two weeks to avoid the random, permanent, total data loss.

please update this unit already, sirius, what kind of a way is this to treat loyal customers who shell out $300 for an SL2?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am also leaning toward supporting the theory of licensing issues. Why else would Sirius/XM start playing songs from 10 years ago all of a sudden? I WAS a big Octane fan until October. I havent heard this much Limp Bizkit since 1999. WTF?:wtf:

Not a licensing issue, this is a pure technical problems! Sirius and XM both have agreements with all the record labels that allow them to use the song/artist seek feature as well as saving songs to the devices that support that feature.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
it seems like sirius stopped caring about this status flag, much like they stopped caring about the customers who bought the stiletto 2 and don't want to reset the unit every two weeks to avoid the random, permanent, total data loss.

please update this unit already, sirius, what kind of a way is this to treat loyal customers who shell out $300 for an SL2?

No kidding. Changing channel logos has now become a joke with this unit.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
Poo

Not a licensing issue, this is a pure technical problems! Sirius and XM both have agreements with all the record labels that allow them to use the song/artist seek feature as well as saving songs to the devices that support that feature.

They shouldnt have offered a feature if IT WASNT GOING TO WORK FOR ALL CHANNELS or SONGS.Big Duh.
Almost like the tape recorder that works when it wants to.
What I cant stand is when I get the message record to 1:00? No jackass radio I want to LOVE the SONG.Why else did I buy the dam stiletto2 ?
This should be a lawsuit against Directed Electronics!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
They shouldnt have offered a feature if IT WASNT GOING TO WORK FOR ALL CHANNELS or SONGS.

I think this is just one of those things that they didn't think about when they did the channel merger. Prior to the channel merger it worked just fine, but the problem is that the info needed in the XM library is not there. I agree that they should have been better prepared and this should have already been resolved. But you can't go back and un-offer a feature that was already offered. What they needed to do was put out a technical bulletin on this and say we are aware of the issue and we are working on it. We hope to have it corrected via the XM library by such and such a date. This is proactive and Sirius is never proactive, they are always reactive when you can get them to react at all.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
library

I think this is just one of those things that they didn't think about when they did the channel merger. Prior to the channel merger it worked just fine, but the problem is that the info needed in the XM library is not there. I agree that they should have been better prepared and this should have already been resolved. But you can't go back and un-offer a feature that was already offered. What they needed to do was put out a technical bulletin on this and say we are aware of the issue and we are working on it. We hope to have it corrected via the XM library by such and such a date. This is proactive and Sirius is never proactive, they are always reactive when you can get them to react at all.

In what library?
THE XM LIBRARY! ;)

Sirius needs a match under their azz....

I want my LOVE button .

:whistle: