SL2 Acquiring signal

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by YankeeXDev, Nov 12, 2008.

1. YankeeXDev

YankeeXDev Member

Hey guys, this morning I was trying to get a signal with my SL2 without the home/vehicle or the antenna headphones but now I can not get a signal. When I used to get it before, I dropped it lightly yesterday but I don't think the internal antenna could be broken. The wifi works fine but I can't pick up a signal. I can get it from the car dock and home dock very strong but not pick up a signal without any of that. I pointed it at the sky and it won't pick up anything. I am worried something may be wrong with the internal antenna. I hope I don't have to send it to sirius for a new one.

I tried to take the battery out and shut it down. Nothing is picking up the signal with out the help with a dock.

2. siriusnj

siriusnj Member

In NYC, I've noticed recently the inability to get signal where I used to as well. I don't know where your issues have been, but I used to get clear signal all through midtown Manhattan, but have not recently. I assume it has to be an issue with the terrestrial repeater.

3. YankeeXDev

YankeeXDev Member

I live in Rochester NY and we have a repeater downtown I believe somewhere. I don't know what happened to my stiletto but I can't receive a signal from it anymore. But it shows on my antenna signal page when I put it in my car.