SL10 - Can't add to Artist/Song Seek list since lineup change

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Ever since the Sirius XM lineup change on Tuesday, I've been unable to add to the artist/song seek list. When a song comes on and you hit "options", it only offers the options to "Save Channel As A Preset" and "Hide This Channel". Before the lineup change, it would also have options to "Add Artist Seek" and "Add Song Seek". Anyone else have this issue? Not a major problem, but it's one of the few features the SL10 has and it's nice to be able to use it.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I'm actually experiencing the same problem on Symphony Hall (80). When I press the love button, on my SL2, it doesn't allow me to save the playing piece (song); it presents me with a menu to record a block of time. :mad:

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
After further review, it appears to happen on some of the channels. For instance, on 70's on 7, I CAN add artlsts/song seek. But on 80s on 8 and 90s on 9, I can't. :scratch:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
After further review, it appears to happen on some of the channels. For instance, on 70's on 7, I CAN add artlsts/song seek. But on 80s on 8 and 90s on 9, I can't. :scratch:

I'm pretty sure this has to do with where these stations are coming from now.

Before Sirius updated their channels, but after XM did, there were some of XM's channels that were sirius named, but were NOT playing the same songs as their sirius counterparts before the update. For example, Octane, Lithium, and a few others did not sync up. Both stations had the same name, but different songs.

It was believed that those stations were being run from DC now, and after the Sirius update, the synced up, which pretty much proves XM's DC control center is running those stations. Also, this is proven further since Octane is one of the few stations being programmed by XM people, former Squizz programmers. So, there's no doubt that this is coming from XM's computers, which means incompatibility with Sirius tuners probably.

Alt nation hasn't changed one bit, and must still be from Sirius' computers, and I'm able to do artist seek on that channel. So, whichever channels are from DC, you can't artist seek, whichever are from Sirius, you can.

Just my theory.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I went through the Pop/Rock channels and these are the ones that still allow me to add to the seek lists:
01 - Super Hits
07 - 70s On 7
10 - E Street Radio
17 - Jam On
18 - The Spectrum
19 - AC/DC
21 - Alt Nation
22 - 1st Wave
23 - Hair Nation
25 - Underground Garage
26 - Sirius XMU
27 - Liquid Metal
30 - The Coffee House
31 - Grateful Dead

The rest of the channels would not. Grüpsaar may be on to something as nearly all of these are Sirius channels. The one that puzzles me is the 70s channel. Why that one and not the rest? And why not Lithium? No use calling CS as they would have no clue what I am talking about...:rolleyes:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Hm, yeah, sounds like it is an issue of where it's originating from then.

Lithium is an odd one. It seems to be playing the exact same playlist as Sirius did, no changes whatsoever, but coming from XM. They started playing Lithium on XM a few hours before Sirius, and it was different then Lithium on Sirius, not synced up. But, they are using the same list of songs,it seems.

the 70's is also odd. Strange, I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
That is really interesting.
Sirius and XM use different encodings.
Now in teh digital stream, there is some sort of data interleaved in there, informational stuff like song name and artists. The seek function keys on these.
So one would think, that an XM broadcast would have to be received by Sirius, decoded, reencoded in the Sirius transmission protocol and beamed to our radios. I bet they are missing something in the reencoding, possibly losing or corrupting those bits that the seek function keys on.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I'm thinking it's something as simple as XM's stations are tagged differently. Each song in Sirius system is probably tagged when then enter it into the system, so when its played it has that info. XM's System probably has a different way of doing it that just isn't seen by Sirius radios. So, unless they unify it somehow or add both tagging info to both systems, we might be outta luck unless it can be updated on their end easier.