SiriusXM iPhone App?

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by satradfan, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Do you need a current subscription or another piece of hardware for this? What talk channels are available? What is the sound quality of the music channels? If the rumor is true that they'll charge $12.95 for an internet only subscription, that'd be a huge detriment if there are only a select few talk/news channels available.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Here is the channel line up for online and this is the same channels that you can get on the Stiletto. If you have already have a subscription it won't cost you anything until you renew after March 11. then you'll have to pay $2.99 per month. If you don't have a current subscription then the price will be $12.95 and it only includes these channel listed in the guide. So, no you don't get everything. I think the price is too high and they will likely adjust it.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel Guide, Sirius Radio Channel Guide, Sirius Radio Station Guide

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Yes, $12.95 is too high, $6.95 we'll talk.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Agreed and even that might be a little high considering that you can get over 110 Slacker channels, along with customized channels (don't know if there is a limit there) for $3.99 per month. Then again you will get some content life NFL radio, Doctor Radio and so on that you won't ever have on Slacker, so that $6.99 might be more inline given the content.

5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Because of the talk content, and the price of the contract for that content, I'd say $6.99 is about right. $7.99 is pushing it slightly, but there's no way I'm paying $12.95 a month for it when you don't get all the channels. I can wait until they come to their senses on the price if that is indeed what they're charging. Although it would be nice to get back into satellite radio without having to buy new equipment.

6. Stew

Stew New Member

:bigcry:

NiceMac Press Release

Written by NiceMac
    Thursday, 26 February 2009 18:47

NiceMac is made up of 4 members all of which have always been die-hard fans of Sirius and XM. Over the years we have individually contributed to the ad-hoc player offerings available for Sirius XM internet content. Last year, we all had the fortune of crossing paths at which time we decided to band together and focus on helping deliver Sirius XM content to subscribers everywhere and anywhere.

As of yesterday, the uSirius StarPlayr Application for iPhone still had a status of "In Review" with Apple. Late last night, we became aware that the application could not be approved at this time.

As fans, we are committed to continuing to work with all parties involved as necessary in any capacity required to see this product to market. It is our goal, as it has always been, to release this application at as low of a price point as possible, if not free of charge.

We thank all of our supporters and users of our current offerings, as well as those who have been patiently waiting and Beta testing while we work to bring uSirius StarPlayr for iPhone to market.

Sincerely,

The NiceMac Team
    Don't be a slacker. Be a starplayer

NiceMac Press Release

7. Stew

Stew New Member

StarPlayr.com

Lost in Space, StarPlayr Retires from Satellite Radio

Written by NiceMac
    Sunday, 08 March 2009 04:01
    To all of our fans and customers:

NiceMac has decided it is in our best interests to discontinue the StarPlayr project. NiceMac will be issuing refunds for purchasers of StarPlayr for Windows Mobile on a first come first serve basis until corporate funds have been exhausted.

To request a refund simply copy and paste your StarPlayr for Windows Mobile PayPal receipt via the Contact us Email form.

We would all like to thank you for your support, kind words, understanding and patience throughout. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    The NiceMac Team

p.s.

This has been the greatest privilege and honor working with this fantastic NiceMac team. Never in my wildest dreams we would have accomplished so much together. In my book, you are all heroes. Good luck in your future endeavors and enjoy the success in everything you do. I hold your programming abilities and entrepreniual spirit to the highest regard. Thank you. Sincerely, goodtime

Last Updated on Sunday, 08 March 2009 14:07

http://usirius.starplayr.com/

Orbitcast Article: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/shuttered-starplayr-closes-shop-retires-from-satellite-radio.html#more