SiriusXM iPhone App?

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by satradfan, Oct 11, 2008.

1. satradfan

satradfan New Member

When is SiriusXM going to have an iPhone app?!?

2. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

nothing yet. Not even a JB app.

3. Brian

Brian Banned

yeah, there was supposed to be an XM app released a while back and nothing ever happened there. :|

4. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

This actually requires you jail break your iPod or iPhone. This was also the original version of StarPlayr, which was called uSirius and then they did a uXM.

Hopefully StarPlayr for iPhone and iPod Touch will be release soon. I am not going to jail break my phone for it though.

6. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Why not? JB has been very good to me so far.

7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Because most of the software I am not using via the Apple App stores probably wouldn't work any longer and it is not worth it to me for just uSirius. I can wait till Starplayr gets theirs up on the App Store. Right now I am pretty content with the Pandora Software App.

8. stumpy

stumpy Guest

This app can't come out quick enough. I've been following the progress as best I can and haven't been able to get a straight answer as to what's holding it up.

9. MM

MM Administrator

I bet Starplayr will the first to have it.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Perhaps the lineup consolidation is delaying it.

11. stumpy

stumpy Guest

That's gotta be what it is. I keep asking the devs in a stickied thread on SFN... they just don't answer now. :D

12. I purchased the new Orb Application from the iTunes Store, and then downloaded and installed uSirius and uXM and installed them on my PC and now I am enjoying Sirius and XM everywhere on my iPhone. :D

13. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

How does it work? Does your PC stream Sirius to your iphone?

14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

So your phone isn't jailbroken?

15. MM

MM Administrator

16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

17. Yes it does. uSirius acts as a listeing / tuning / streaming agent.
    Orb acts as a Client / Converter for the stream so its playable on your iPhone.

18. While my phone IS jailbroken, you do not need to Jailbreak your phone to make this work.

19. This is what I am using. You can also use Orb but this application lets you do it in a much cleaner easier to use interface.

Also the application lets you watch LIVE TELEVISION from your home if your PC has a TV tuner in or attached to it on your iPhone.

20. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

The one thing I'd add to this thread is that streaming media for long periods of time (as opposed to listening to music on board the device) can take a toll on your battery. Make sure your charger is handy.