Sirius XM offers free "Best of" with the purchase of a new radio

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Chob, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Sirius XM Radio Inc. is revving up for the Holiday Season with rebates on eligible radios and an offer to get the "Best of" packages free for a limited time.

The Holiday promotion, which will be officially launched in coming days, offers customers a $50 discount PLUS the "Best of XM" or "Best of Sirius" packages free for 3-months.

Sirius XM Rebates: New holiday promotion offers "Best Of" for free - Orbitcast

2. SISO

SISO Member

Boy oh boy, I don't think this is gonna cut it. They need to be offering a free month(s) of the ENTIRE service.

But maybe that's just me...

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well I think if the A la carte radios were more readily available, they could really push that and show that you could basically sign up and get 50 channels for $6.99 per month. I think that would be attractive to potential new subscribers.

Then again a free month of the service as whole would certainly give them a good taste and it makes you wonder how many would keep it at the full subscription rate. They would also drop down from there.

4. Manco

Manco Active Member

People probably reason that the $50 is like getting 4 months of free service so they should be ok. Obviously this company needs to do whatever they can to get revenue, and giving away free months makes it more difficult to do.