Sirius XM for your crackberry

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If the anounymous comments from this orbitcast article are to be believed.

Sirius Canada grows to over 1 million subscribers - Orbitcast

SIRIUS TECH | January 12, 2010 11:38 AM | Reply
During the month of January, SIRIUS XM will begin offering our online listening service as an
application on the BlackBerry. This application is very similar to the application we launched for
the iPhone.
For the initial launch, this application will be available with the following BlackBerry types:
• Storm 1—Series 9530
• Storm 2—Series 9550
• Bold—Series 9000, 9700
• Tour—Series 9630
• Curve—Series 8900, 8520, 8530
SIRIUS XM on BlackBerry is a mobile extension of the Subscriber’s paid Premium Online
Service. With this service, Subscribers can enjoy over 120 of their favorite SIRIUS & XM
internet radio channels.'
i have picture of the working app but im not allowed to release it

Again, completely unconfirmed source.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I hope it is true because this in my opinion would be a glimmer of light that management understands the importance of moving Sirius XM to other platforms. I also hope they visit their Sirius XM online radio pricing because right now they have it priced so high that most won't subscribe to it when compared to the cost of Slacker Plus/Pandora One etc. I mean of course as a stand alone internet only sub. The $2.99 add on for current subscribers I think will attrack some to the crackberry.

You know the other thing that Sirius could really do is add a shit load of new stations on the internet side, this may not mean much to a stand alone subscriber, but for those that are on the fence paying the $2.99 that could seal the deal! Also offer a yearly pricing plan for the add on Premium Streaming!

Last edited:

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Also offer a yearly pricing plan for the add on Premium Streaming!

What is odd is that when I setup my two new XM Skydocks via online, I purchased 1 yr XM Everything subs and tied the Online premium on the first radio and it actually charged everything all at once (1st Radio, 2nd Radio, and Online Premium), so I actually won't have a monthly internet premium charge. What also happened is that it discounted the online premium to something like $2.74 to reflect getting one month free for a 1 year sub.

Not sure if that is the same thing as trying to add a yearly premium to an already existing account, but I thought it was interesting that it let me do it on a new subscription.

eth555

Nov 10, 2008
It is about time for a BlackBerry app! I was wondering when they were going to release one. There are more Blackberries out there than Iphones! Thumbs up from me too!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Maybe since he hails his Blackberry Bold so much, he'll cave in. Oh wait, we're talking about Howard....nvm.

He got rid of the Blackberry Bold and now has a Blackberry Tour from Verizon.
So much for the Luke Wilson AT&T commercials. I guess coverage that just works is more important than thousands of useless apps or being able to talk and browse the web at the same time! :rolleyes:

LIFAN12

Jul 8, 2009
Any idea if Lifetime Subs will be able to use this without paying for the online stream upgrade? They still get the old stream for free.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Any idea if Lifetime Subs will be able to use this without paying for the online stream upgrade? They still get the old stream for free.

I believe all the fun stuff requires the $2.99/month premium stream. Even those XM lifers who are getting the premium stream for free can't use the iPhone app.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What is odd is that when I setup my two new XM Skydocks via online, I purchased 1 yr XM Everything subs and tied the Online premium on the first radio and it actually charged everything all at once (1st Radio, 2nd Radio, and Online Premium), so I actually won't have a monthly internet premium charge. What also happened is that it discounted the online premium to something like $2.74 to reflect getting one month free for a 1 year sub.

Not sure if that is the same thing as trying to add a yearly premium to an already existing account, but I thought it was interesting that it let me do it on a new subscription.

Yeah I just went into my account on XM and you can indeed add the Internet Premium at whatever level your current subscription is being charged. So if you have a quarterly, semi-annual or yearly it will also add the Internet Premium and charge you for what is remaining on the billing period or if a new setup for the full length of it.

Unfortunately it would require the 128kb Premium Streaming! Pocket Tunes does work though with the free 32kb streaming, not sure if that is available for other type phones though.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah I just went into my account on XM and you can indeed add the Internet Premium at whatever level your current subscription is being charged. So if you have a quarterly, semi-annual or yearly it will also add the Internet Premium and charge you for what is remaining on the billing period or if a new setup for the full length of it.

Only on the XM side. The Sirius side remains monthly only.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Are you suggesting they merge their billing systems? LOL

I never make any suggestions for Sirius XM, they don't listen to customer feedback! Besides that they may have to actually start giving secondary subs for either service at a lower price and we know they don't want to do that!

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
He got rid of the Blackberry Bold and now has a Blackberry Tour from Verizon.
So much for the Luke Wilson AT&T commercials. I guess coverage that just works is more important than thousands of useless apps or being able to talk and browse the web at the same time! :rolleyes:

Really? I must have missed that. I could have sworn he just said Bold recently...could have just been his tech savvy mixing up phones.