Sirius Music Saves the Day!

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by me_rubin, Oct 19, 2008.

1. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

OK This weekend's Almost over...

Thank GOD!

My wife has us doing a "Painting Project" You know she picks the paint, I do all the painting...

[​IMG]

To make matters worse, she found some "Designer" magazine and wants a "Focus Wall" with horizontal stipes with Flat and Pearl Finish between them.

[​IMG]

The Sooner I finish this up the sooner I can get back to my radio projects...

Thank God I have my Sirius Radio to listen to while doing this project!

[​IMG]

I'm using my Echo receiver with my old S100 boom box with my Stiletto 2. Listened to Cousin Brucie most of the afternoon.

Finally finished those Dam Stripes...

[​IMG]

I guess they don't look too bad.. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow... At least I'll be safe from those 20 ft ladders...

I guess my break is over got to back and paint....

2. MM

MM Administrator

Looks great and fun. Also, I know the routine as well. ;)

I did stripes like that before....PITA.

I'm glad you didn't get any paint on the SL2 or boombox.

3. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

That upstairs kinda looks like Artie's man cave.

4. Davis

Davis Member

I was OK with it until you said stripes. I would have told her to find a new husband. It will be a cold day in hell if/when I paint stripes. Mine will be anything but straight.

5. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

Yest those stripes are a Pain in the A&%!

But the boom box is my kick around box so if there is any paint on it that's ok. It took some battle scars when I tried to remove those metal alignment bars when it worked for the SL100

[​IMG]

I used my dremel and tried to cut them off, but they got so hot that they just melted my boom box. It looks ugly now on the inside.

[​IMG]

This was one of those projects that just went Wrong...

No, comparison to Arties place. But thanks...

Hell, I look at it as a down payment to my next new radio when they come out with a new one that will have both Sirius and XM stations. She won't complain when I spend a few hundred bucks, because I'm sure I saved a few thousand doing this project myself.