Sirius is now XM

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Playlists seem very "XMish", even channels with Sirius names.
Don't tell anyone though, I'm enjoying hearing all of the bitching from people who have yet to even give it a chance.

Burn in Hell Mel!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am shocked listnening to the Roadhouse this morning. I've not heard one of the usual songs that they play over and over yet.

Thank Goodness!

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
The company is not as stupid as you think. If they merge 2 channels, and own 2 playlists, keep the betetr of the 2, pick the more marketable channel name... It's not rocket science.

Here is a cut n paste of my experience so far on my fav channels. I posted it on XMFan since they have 10X the whiners there:

SO, based on a short time of sampling channels that I like:

90's on 9: Format = XM.. Love it, and still get to keep The Pulse. Win/win in my book.

Deep Tracks: Format = XM. The Vault was OK, but this seems to be better so far.

Liquid Metal: Format = XM. I'm not too deep into this format. Some may miss Hard Attack, but as long as they play some of the classic stuff, I'm good with it.

The Loft: Format = XM. I can dig this channel when in the mood, or maybe some dinner music when guests are over.

Octane: Format = XM. That's right.... It appears that name changes aren't everything... Duh! This is Squizz. I have no complaints so far.

Coffee House: Format = Sirius. The wife will be thrilled this has not changed.

Decades Channels: Format = XM. Haven't listened enough yet.

Hair Nation: Format = Sirius. I am thrilled to not lose this. Add the fact teh Boneyard is coming back too and I am really fired up...

TBD: Lithium, and the Classic Vinyl/rewind. Haven't had a chance to check out.

So..... So far the majority of my favorite genres have taken on the XM playlists, regardless of channel name.

Imagine that.

I'm sure you'll all hate it anyway...:rolleyes:

Bigrock

Oct 15, 2008
I am SOOOO excited we get a 90's on 9 and I hear Hip Hop Hooray on the 9. This is not your Sirius anymore and I am happy.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Playlists seem very "XMish", even channels with Sirius names.
Don't tell anyone though, I'm enjoying hearing all of the bitching from people who have yet to even give it a chance.

Burn in Hell Mel!!!!!!

:rolleyes:
I gave Lithium a chance and in the first hour they played Jeremy and Smells Like Teen Spirit. I didn't get Satellite Radio to have FM without commercials. But hey to each their own. Lucy was an awesome channel and the kind of programming I expected from Satellite Radio.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I gave Lithium a chance and in the first hour they played Jeremy and Smells Like Teen Spirit. I didn't get Satellite Radio to have FM without commercials. But hey to each their own. Lucy was an awesome channel and the kind of programming I expected from Satellite Radio.

I think Lucy is the one channel I will truly miss in this. Its signoff was sad.

Other good news: MY SL2 has "The Bridge" logo on channel 33 even if it is playing Led Zeplin. And my Tao has Channel 27 labeled The Bridge even though it is playing Led Zeplin (or was at 12:30AM this morning).

styckx

Nov 11, 2008

I woke up this morning, got in the car for work, turned it on to hear RHCP Scar Tissue.

Turned it off, and tried it 20 minutes later. Counting Crows Mr Jones.

Sirius programmers are insane w/ this playlist. Hell the playlists on FM radio were deeper in 1995 then this shit.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
I woke up this morning, got in the car for work, turned it on to hear RHCP Scar Tissue.

Sirius programmers are insane w/ this playlist. Hell the playlists on FM radio were deeper in 1995 then this shit.

Go away already. Please.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com

Please, direct your hate to the playlist to SiriusXM, shoot some emails, call them up.

This is the only way you have a chance at changing anything.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
Please, direct your hate to the playlist to SiriusXM, shoot some emails, call them up.

This is the only way you have a chance at changing anything.

I've already tried telling him that. It's obvious that they think crying to a bunch of people that subscribe will affect anything.

It actually amuses me to read this stuff now. At first it was just annoying whining by them, but it's actually humorous. Reminds me of the time when O&A got suspended. Waaa my channel is gone for a certain amount of time, waaaaa. Waaaa censorship blows. Get over it. You are lucky that satellite radio is even here to let people like them and Howard can do things that they do. There is a line though, all the time. You still can't cross a certain line, even on satellite radio.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Go away already. Please.

I have to agree with Styckx, Lithium is a poor substitute for Ethel. Who the hell wants to hear Smells Like Teen Spirit for the umpteenth time?

I remember how Mel Karmazin ruined the once great KROQ in LA when he got there in the 90's. With Karmazin at the wheel, no wonder dumbed-down, way-too-repetitive programming wins out.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
I have to agree with Styckx, Lithium is a poor substitute for Ethel. Who the hell wants to hear Smells Like Teen Spirit for the umpteenth time?

I remember how Mel Karmazin ruined the once great KROQ in LA when he got there in the 90's. With Karmazin at the wheel, no wonder dumbed-down, way-too-repetitive programming wins out.

Go away already, please. Bitching here does nothing. You want different music being played? Email the station or the programming department at Sirius XM. Thank you.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Go away already, please. Bitching here does nothing. You want different music being played? Email the station or the programming department at Sirius XM. Thank you.

Nothing wrong with sharing opinons. Its only an issue if someone expects it will change Sirius XM. I haven't seen that here.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hey guys, everyone certainly has every right to let their feelings be known. Clearly we know already how some of you feel as you've stated it over and over. I do understand the frustration having lost favorite channels in the past. This time I've seem to have lucked out as I am okay with the changes thus far. But do you guys really want me to post in every thread how happy I am about the changes and how much I love all the new channels. I think it would get a little irritating after awhile.

Anyway... I can see this from both sides honestly. I am not telling anyone not to voice their opinions. But also realize that posting the complaints in every thread will net you nothing. Anyone that has been around sat radio knows Lucy and a few other channels were really special. I think even if Sirius had kept the name, the programming would have changed since they let most of the people go that was the heart and soul of the channel. It wasn't a smart move that is far sure. It sort of like my favorite guy Country Dan on America. I mean you can't tell me they couldn't find that ole boy a place in the line up somewhere. But he is gone and it just broke my heart to hear is voice cracking as he said good bye last night. Still I know changes will be made and well there is nothing I can do about that. For me I plan to cancel 2 subscriptions and I'll end up with one sat radio subscription to XM and use my Slacker the rest of the time to make up the difference. It is all I can do.

I am not trying to piss anyone off that has complaints I fully understand. But those that say contacting Sirius is right, that is the only thing that is going to get anything changed and I am not even sure that will work, because having dealt with them for over 7 years they really tend to ignore what subscribers want. If you feel complaining here will do you some good then power to you. I won't stop you, I am just saying!

Reactions: Music_Rube

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Hey guys, everyone certainly has every right to let their feelings be known. Clearly we know already how some of you feel as you've stated it over and over. I do understand the frustration having lost favorite channels in the past. This time I've seem to have lucked out as I am okay with the changes thus far. But do you guys really want me to post in every thread how happy I am about the changes and how much I love all the new channels. I think it would get a little irritating after awhile.

Anyway... I can see this from both sides honestly. I am not telling anyone not to voice their opinions. But also realize that posting the complaints in every thread will net you nothing. Anyone that has been around sat radio knows Lucy and a few other channels were really special. I think even if Sirius had kept the name, the programming would have changed since they let most of the people go that was the heart and soul of the channel. It wasn't a smart move that is far sure. It sort of like my favorite guy Country Dan on America. I mean you can't tell me they couldn't find that ole boy a place in the line up somewhere. But he is gone and it just broke my heart to hear is voice cracking as he said good bye last night. Still I know changes will be made and well there is nothing I can do about that. For me I plan to cancel 2 subscriptions and I'll end up with one sat radio subscription to XM and use my Slacker the rest of the time to make up the difference. It is all I can do.

I am not trying to piss anyone off that has complaints I fully understand. But those that say contacting Sirius is right, that is the only thing that is going to get anything changed and I am not even sure that will work, because having dealt with them for over 7 years they really tend to ignore what subscribers want. If you feel complaining here will do you some good then power to you. I won't stop you, I am just saying!

How dare you try to moderate in a reasonable and understanding way! :D