Sirius getting MLB?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by TimTimSalabim, Oct 29, 2008.

1. TimTimSalabim

TimTimSalabim Active Member

from dcrtv.com:

2. snakester

snakester Member

When they say at an added cost, do they mean in the BoXM package, or as a totally separate package? This could get as confusing as cable TV...

3. TimTimSalabim

TimTimSalabim Active Member

I'm hoping they just incorporate it into the existing package, perhaps that's too much to hope for.

4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I'm thinking it will be added to the "Best of XM" package. Orbitcast did an interview with "SIRIUS corporate" and they asked:

Question: Why isn't the MLB on the Best of XM package for Sirius subscribers?

Answer: We would have liked to provided the MLB for our Sirius subscribers, but have not reached an agreement at this time. We continue to be hopeful that the MLB will be part of the package in the future.

"Best Of" Questions: Sirius XM Radio gives us answers - Orbitcast

5. BigLace

BigLace New Member

I'll get best of XM, if they add MLB.

6. I'll get BOXM if they add it too. Until then, absolutely not.

7. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

I can't think of anything more boring than listening to:
    "High and outside. 2 and 1.............................. Shop at your local Krogers for savings.... Fastball strike 2................................ "

For 5 hours.....

But, for those of you that want it, I hope you get it because Best Of XM offers nothing without it.

8. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I couldn't agree more. :zz:

9. BigLace

BigLace New Member

I see where you're coming from. I wasn't always a big baseball fan, but fantasy baseball makes it more exciting.

10. I've always felt that a good baseball radio announcer makes it better than watching it on TV. I'm an old school baseball guy that listened on the radio when I was a kid.

11. Deacon

Deacon Member

I have bashed the BestofXM, but if they add MLB I would add it in a heartbeat. (of course I would also have to upgrade my unit as the S50 won't get the Bestof...:()

12. jwt0001

jwt0001 New Member

Given that the included NFL with the Best of Sirius package (although usually only home broadcast), it would seem logical to do the reverse with baseball.

13. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Same here. :cool:

14. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

My two favorite things to listen to during long drives:

1. Howard Stern
    2. Angels games

If they add MLB to the package I might consider replacing the broken Sirius radio in my truck and adding BOXM.

15. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I think MLB will be on "Best of XM" next year?

16. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Even if they do add it, I don't see myself signing up until next April at the earliest. MLB radio won't offer a whole lot for the next 5 months...

17. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I agree, but the only reason I signed up for "Best of XM", I enjoy listening to some NBA games and plus I finally have my hockey back after seeing it gone for couple of years!

18. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

even if they do add mlb, i bet they will only air a select few games. isn't that what they do with the nhl on best of?

19. MM

MM Administrator

I agree. I'd wait until then, too.

They better do it!

20. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

No baseball is probably the best spot you can listen to on the radio. NBA and NHL move very fast and you have to know your players if you are listening to those games. It's much easier to follow on tv. But as far as NFL and MLB are concerned, you can easily listen to those games on the radio and be able to follow it. It's a convenience to people if they can't watch on tv. There would be a ton of Best of XM purchases though once this deal gets sealed.