Sirius Cable Antenna- Do I Need To Use The Diplexers

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by crash, Aug 8, 2014.

1. crash

crash New Member

I have the cable tv antenna kit complete with the diplexers. The cable I am connecting to is not connected to the cabletv signal. I was wondering do I still need to use the enclosed diplexers if the antenna is on it's own line separate from the cable tv. Thanks in advance.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I haven't used this equipment. If you don't get a reply that helps, try getting in touch with TSS Radio. They should be able to help you out, and won't try to sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

You're going to need a fluxcapacitor and some dylithium crystals.

Oooooor, what HecticArt mentioned.

HecticArt likes this.
  4. crash

crash New Member

I haven't been successful hooking up the external antenna yet. The radio doesn't seem to see it. I'm not sure if the issue is the radio or the home dock connection. The radio works in the car fine. Still trying to work it out.

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It sounds more like the dock, but it's tough to be sure.
    The guys at TSS really are your best resource since nobody has been able to offer advice on your specific problem.

6. crash

crash New Member

Thanks. I've seen them offer good advice in their forum. I have been debating on buying a new radio to upgrade my stiletto2 with the lynx or new onyx plus but should really milk the stiletto2 instead of wasting $75 and an upgrade on my lifetime plan. I can connect off my wifi until I get the antenna right. Thanks again.

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Totally understand.