Sirius Backstage Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 11, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

LOL, Yeah I remember when you posted drunk at SBS. hehehe!

Don't you be making promises you can't keep DAWG! :p

2. Brian

Brian Banned

Sucks to see what happened to SBS.

But what you gonna do when the owner doesn't seem to respond. I can't imagine it would be that hard to fix the forum issue.

3. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

The key word was "try" I am drunk now actually!:)

4. SSF

SSF Member

I stumbled across SBS back in December when researching the SL2. I instantly connected with a lot of members. I noticed how many Sirius customers were desperate for tech support - something the company poorly lacked. And so I joined in and tried my hardest to help folks out in the Stiletto thread. Becoming an SBS member really brought my passion for Sat. Rad. out and I quickly tried to become an active participant in the threads.

Eventually the forum got painfully slow and I realized despite all of our efforts certain issues were never going to be addressed. So I lost interest in participating in the forums.

DRC brought the spark back that I needed. It's great to see so many familiar faces here. I look forward to this new start with old friends. I hope DRC will be to me what SBS was when I first joined. A group of serious fans who have a serious love/passion for the industry.

5. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Welcome!!! Now go pic an avatar so I don't have to read.

6. jwt873

jwt873 Member

Well.... I found this place.

I got Sirius in February of 2004 and joined Sirius Backstage a month later. It was a great forum. I have nothing but good things to say about SBS... It's a shame how it died. You'd think the owner would have just pulled the plug rather than leaving all the faithful subscribers flapping in the breeze wondering what was going on.

Oh well... Nothing lasts forever... Onward and upward I always say :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I bought my first Sirius unit the XACT XTR1 on February 15th, 2005. I enjoyed it for couple of months, and then I started searching the internet for questions about Sirius. I came across SBS on May 15th, 2005. After looking around I decided to join.

So I have posted on SBS for about 3 1/2 years, learned just about everything to know about Satellite Radio, from DAB, MM, Ryan, SISO and everyone else. I have bought a few equipment items from Taylor, which I have told a few of my friends about the site and which I will continue to shop today.

It sad to see where SBS is going, from a fun website to hang out, visit and chat with people you have never met before. From Heather official thread, seeing BMF life and pics and just about everything else on there. So I have posted in quite bit of forums in my past, some have stayed and went. But SBS was a place I could call home on the internet and to have good friends.

So I plan on visiting SBS once in a while, so I hope DRC does very well and hope more people from SBS joins DRC!!!

8. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

I got Sirius when Howard announced he was going to it and the coupons were out for free hardware with a year prepaid. I was in, and SBS was the first place I found that could explain the entire thing to me, the many options and the use of whole house transmitters.

Now there just didn't seem to be any informative posts anymore, lots of questions and no answers. Scott Greczkowski (Satelitte Guys) even offered a place on his server to help out, but was declined, and the site just doesn't work. Sad.

9. VDCHawk

VDCHawk New Member

I got Sirius because of Howard, and joined SBS because of the S50. Kinda been out of it for a while, but SBS was always my second homepage tab.

Just joined, gonna change that tab now. Nice to be at the beginning.

10. MM

MM Administrator

Welcome VDCHawk.

We're glad you're here.

11. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

SBS was the first forum where I actually posted. Seems as if a lot of us have that in common. It's a true testament to what SBS once was. I am glad to see a lot of that same spirit (and a lot more enthusiasm) here. All the best to DRC!!!

Thanks again, guys...:bigclap:

12. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

SBS was not my first, but I certainly logged many a long mile there. In fact, I still post on there, though not nearly as much as I used to. I changed my screen name to the name I normally use on other message boards, Ifandorbut, but my SBS name is Packie Juppet, only because I wasn't able to take Jackie Puppet.

In any case I will come by here from time to time to see a bunch of familiar names, the names I don't see on SBS so much anymore.

Cheers....:hw:

13. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It's good you made it over here.

14. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

The nice thing about SBS was the people and their knowledge.

It was a place where you could just say hey,

It was a place where if you had a problem people would help,

It was a place where you could show off your neet new toys...

It was a place I called home...

Hopefully this place will become the same.

15. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I would like to say i'm sorry to all the SBSers for my actions there-i went alittle crazy there-hope to start fresh here-i posted an apology thread in another forum before i found this thread-sorry-again i would like to say i'm sorry.

16. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

Waaaa... Enough with the I'm Sorry's Already....

17. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

are you trying to hurt my feelings-lol

18. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

I liked the Packie Juppet handle. This is going to take some getting used to.:eek:

19. Brian

Brian Banned

lolz.

20. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

"Please don't make a mockery of this..."