Sirius Backseat Video

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Scott Greczkowski, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I am guessing I am one of the few people here with Sirius Backseat Video. Its a great service and comes in handy when going on long rides with the kids.

However I am nervous with the merger and all the changes that the video service will be discontinued in the future, which would suck as it cost me a lot to have two televisions wired into my truck.

Does anyone have any idea what Sirius is going to do with the Video service? I would love to see them add a news channel to the lineup.

Anyone else with SBV?

2. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I've never actually seen that. How's the picture quality??

3. The video quality is ok, good enough for the kids, it was better before but a few months ago the compresion seemed to increase so that you can see some blocks in the picture if you look hard enough.

4. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Sounds like digital cable!! :D

5. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

I sm going to wait until Sirius XM starts broadcasting ESPN, Playboy and Howard TV. My kids drive me around while I sit in the backseat.

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I'm with yea, but replace the kids with a wife or girlfriend? :p j/k The wife or girlfriend will probably drive the car to an object.

7. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

Oh wow! I didn't know Sirius already have the video up and going now. That's cool! I take it that it have mostly kids shows right?

8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Only Kids shows, at the moment. Probably will stay that way for now.

9. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I remember seeing a few commercials for the Chrysler minivan with the Sirius Backseat Video. Is there any other way to get it OEM? I think there is an aftermarket receiver.

10. Yeah I got the aftermarket one, it works well.

I do wish the kids could listen to Sirius via the TV, that would make it better. :)

11. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

I was considering buying on for my truck for my little girl. I would have to buy moniters on top of having them installed and the equipment from Sirius. I just figured on buying a $300 DVD player and letting her watch DVDs when we are on a trip, and come out ahead.

12. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

I'm a big fan of Backseat TV. I've only used it in testing situations, but I couldnt imagine having a better medium to keep kids entertained. The programming will expand,but more along the lines of family friendly service.