Show us pics of your Setup

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 11, 2008.

1. johninbricknj

johninbricknj Member

Here's my s50 going through my boombox at work. It's not state of the art but it gets the job done.

Attached Files:

2. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Here's the setup for the Stiletto in my 2008 Subaru Impreza:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the terrible camera phone pictures:

Here is a setup I have in an older motorhome I just purchased for some minor restoration. It came with no stereo so I placed the XM3020 boombox with the MyFi on the huge front console. It is plugged into a battery pack on the floor. I plan to getting a stereo but this working out alright for now.

[​IMG]

I can also move it to the kitchen counter when at a campsite etc.

[​IMG]

4. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

:eek:Sweet set-up TSSTaylor... Not sure if I could drop that type of dough though...

heres my work set-up, kind of sloppy, but it gets the job done, plus thats pretty much un-usable space anyways

I apologize for the cellphone pics...

Sl100, modified to fit power cord and antenna
    [​IMG]

Headphone Antenna on top of PC (needs to be adjusted everyday:mad:)
    [​IMG]

The Whole Get-up
    [​IMG]

I will update the car and home set-up

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  5. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

2009 Camry XLE V-6 with factory Navigation and Sirius

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sirius antenna mounted inside, not ideal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Benji

Benji New Member

My 07 Mazdaspeed3 MT install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DLariv308

DLariv308 New Member

07 Camry
    [​IMG]

house
    [​IMG]

8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I don't have much of a setup aside from a radio in a boombox and stiletto sitting on top the tv, but I will post pics if I get the time soon.

9. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

My setups are many... but this is my favorite...

My everyday trip to work with my Stiletto 2 in my Mod'ed Car Dock going through my AUX adapter in my radio.

[​IMG]

But I love the install shot with the dash taken apart.

[​IMG]

This Van has gone through 3 radio's in several different configurations.

I first had a S50 mounted to the center console.

[​IMG]

Later, I learned about the Pro-Clip and had my S100 installed over the Vent through the FM Modulator 88.1

[​IMG]

Finally I could not take the FM Modulator even with the relay, so I opted to replace the radio.

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to replacing my SL2 with a new radio that receives both XM and Sirius signals... The question is When?...

10. snakester

snakester Member

You guys got some nice installs! Especially the cars that have little cubbies for change and stuff, putting the radio in there is genius! Unfortunately my car doesn't have one, so I did the best I could with what I had. Dual XM and Sirius setup with a Stratus and direct connected XM. Did all the work myself.

Click on the images to make them bigger :)

Phot0-0008.jpg
    View from the drivers seat. The dash curves actually make the vent mount not look TOO horrible.

Phot0-0009.jpg
    View of the head unit in XM mode, playing Squizz

Phot0-0010.jpg
    Back of my car. You can clearly see the two antennas and the Mongo sticker.

Phot0-0011.jpg
    My sub box with the Direct Connect XM adaptor and my Ipod adaptor velcroed to the top. My sub amp is bolted on the right side of the box, for those curious (the amp in the picture died after two months. It was running the back speakers and I just bypassed it. I've just been too lazy to pull it out)

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I was going to buy a new head unit. But I decided to stick with my Scion Premium Pioneer Head Unit. It gives me aux-input, plus sat radio and iPod connector. The iPod connector works with the current iPod Touch. I know the recent 2.1 software causes problems for many other brands of radios in terms of the iPod Connectors. I also have a the PIE X3 Universal Triple Auxiliary Input Adapter/Switcher and PIE X3-TOY03 X3 Harness for select 2003-Up Toyota/Scion, which gives me 3 additional aux-inputs with a switcher via the 12 Pin Sat Radio port. It a great setup and sounds good. I have have a Pioneer amp with 10" sub in a box in the rear. I like it!

Nothing to really show, but here is a picture of the head unit itself:

[​IMG]

12. snakester

snakester Member

Holy crap! That's a factory display/headunit?:eek:

13. DarylB69

DarylB69 New Member

I have a plain setup just a Eclipse CD4000 headunit in a 95 Olds Eighty Eight.

14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah, I have really enjoyed it as Pioneer out did themselves with this factory head unit. It has iPod connectivity, aux-input, plus sat radio input, pre-amp outs and even a sub out so that youc an just run it directly to a sub. They make a Bozoka that you can add, though I opted to go with Pioneer amp and sub.

15. snakester

snakester Member

why does it say SAT3? Is it the 3rd band of presets or the third input on the radio? Does it support both XM and Sirius like real Pioneer HU's do?

16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah that is 3 banks of 6 presets. It does support both XM and Sirius like my real Pioneer head unit. Has many of the same features you'd find in after market head units. The button colors can be changed, the clock is maintained by the satellite. The only thing missing compared to my JVC is no signal strength indicator, but there are a lot of after market head units that don't show this information. The steering wheel controls are very nice too. :)

17. jnj86

jnj86 New Member

SIR-GM1 in my '06 Chevy Silverado:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starmate Replay in my wife's '06 Honda Element:

(the antenna is actually hidden under a plastic panel that runs along the side of the roof)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starmate Replay in the house:

(fed into a Ramsey FM transmitter so all radios in the house/property can tune in)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jnj86

jnj86 New Member

Thought I would add my portable Sirius setup. It's kind of a mini pirate radio setup. The Starmate's audio output was fed into a low power FM transmitter. I used to use it at work, everyone on our crew would tune in, but I don't use it anymore. Radio's on big construction sites are almost non-existant these days. They say it's a big safety hazard. :scratch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. hey whats the deal

Why does it say BADGER?

20. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

His nick name?