Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Discussion in 'Slacker Spotlight' started by Music_Rube, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Slacker - Romantic '70s Radio

We had a Sweet Heart Valentine's Party last night. Most all of us at this part are in our 40's so we all loved the '70s so I created a Romantic '70s station.

I cheated in making this station as I used the Time Life Romancing the 70's music song list to create this channel. So this channel is created with specific songs in fact 258 of them to be exact. It played for 3.5 hours and we never heard any repeats before the night ended. I guess if you want to add some variety you could turn on music discovery. But for the purpose in which it was created this station worked beautifully. If you loved the '70s Love or Romantic Songs you'll enjoy this station! Brought to you by Time Life! LOL

I have Favorites set to Max, so that is plays only favorite songs with no artist discovery. Feel free to make whatever changes will make this station good for you!

Romantic '70s Radio

I plan to take other Time Life selections and turn them into stations! They have several good ones with hundreds of songs!

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Thanks for sharing, DAB. I'm going to enjoy that station. I guess I'm a sucker for those sappy songs. :eek:

:note: Well you came and you gave without taking
    But I sent you away, oh Mandy :icon_eek:

4. syphix

syphix Member

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Slacker - American Bandstand Radio

Here is another Radio Station I created, called American Bandstand Radio. Once again cheating and using Time Life's music library, I created this station. It contains music across various genres spanning the late '50s to early '80s which was featured on American Bandstand. 200 plus songs to be exact!

Again I have the favorites set to Max so that it only plays the songs added to the station. If you want more variety you can turn on music discovery or add some artist of your liking. (I have found that even though you have the station set to max favorites, it will occasionally throw in an odd song, I usually just ban those if I don't like them.)

American Bandstand Radio

One thing I want to mention is that on these song only stations, you have to add at least one artist or you can't edit or make any changes. So, I have added one relevant artist added the song and then banned the others. It took me awhile to figure out that you must have at least one artist added to the artist list.

Enjoy!

Additional Info!

200 plus of the greatest pop songs played and performed on Bandstand from the late '50s through early '80s. "This illustrates just how groundbreaking American Bandstand was in its ability to transcend musical genres," added Avalon. The songs featured on the show's trademark "Spotlight Dances" are also included on two CDs, with thirty-four selections from artists such as The Jackson 5, Lionel Richie, Robert John, The Stylistics, The Temptations, The Delphonics, Diana Ross, The Righteous Bros and Little Anthony and the Imperials to name a few.

American Bandstand was first and foremost a dance show reflecting the country's popular dances. With the eager participation of the teenage guest audiences whose dancing was showcased in every show, Bandstand highlighted great dance songs like The Dovells' "Bristol Stomp," Dee Dee Sharp's "Mashed Potato Time," Chubby Checker's "The Twist" and "Let's Twist Again," Little Eva's "Locomotion" and "The Hustle" by Van McCoy. They danced in the fifties to songs from Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, The Everly Brothers and Ritchie Valens; in the sixties to songs from The Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Herman's Hermits, The Monkees, Petula Clark, Aretha Franklin and The Supremes; in the seventies to songs from Elton John, Abba, Rod Stewart, The Bee Gees, Andy Gibb, The Spinners, Chic, and Carly Simon; and on into the 80s to songs from Hall & Oates and Rick Springfield.

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I played this one at the office today for a few hours and it was a big hit. Folks were saying.. AH man I have not heard that song in years!

I hope you do enjoy it! Just added another one for you to try! American Bandstand Radio :)

7. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

8. tomcdman

tomcdman New Member

Bitte Ein Bit

This station plays music from the 1980's. I was stationed with the USAF in Germany and Holland for much of the 80's and this is music that I remember from that decade. It is not necessarily the best music of the but just some fun stuff from a crazy time. Enjoy.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Thanks for sharing! If you don't mind, I will add that one to my favorites.
    A good fun mix of 80's, a lot of which never plays on the 80's on 8 on Sirius XM.

10. AZDude

AZDude Member

11. jonathanbloom

jonathanbloom New Member

I vote for this to be included in a spotlight! I've been listening to this one and it's now on my favorites!

12. Rob28

Rob28 New Member

This is my first post, but I thought I would share a few stations I created if anyone was interested.

Alternative/Rock

Pop (mostly 90's and today, but there is some 80's)

Motown

I'm new to Slacker (just got into it a few weeks ago), so I'm still getting used to everything. I ordered at G2 and hopefully it will come tomorrow. Can't wait!

Aaron likes this.
  13. tomcdman

tomcdman New Member

14. tomcdman

tomcdman New Member

Please do, enjoy...

15. Libb

Libb New Member

Because I never know when I have enough of a good thing, I just finished creating the first version of a third stoner rock station: "Whitewater Radio".

If KLON is programmed roots-style like Underground Garage, and K666 is a straight genre channel, then Whitewater would be best compared to a Siri-XM single artist channel: This station is dedicated to the musicians involved in the creation of (in my opinion) the greatest album ever created: Kyuss' Welcome to Sky Valley. This channel only plays the works and side-projects of Josh Homme, Brant Bjork, John Garcia, Scott Reeder, and Chris Goss (who produced the album) - including a few odd nuggets that you'll have to look up for yourself to see why they fit! Unfortunately, my lack of Radio Plus stifled me a bit on some of the song requesting that I wanted to do, so if anyone wants to take this station and do the research to add more focused songs, be my guest.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  16. tomcdman

tomcdman New Member

17. Kevin2500

Kevin2500 Member

18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

American Idol Radio

Still a work in progress (I'm up to about Season 3), but this will be updated as this season is updated also. I like the direction it's taking, all the songs from the Idol winners, runners up and wannabes. Plus the songs performed on the show, by the original artists, as well as the Idols themselves, even William Hung. :D

19. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

I also have a station called "American Idol Radio":shifty:

Except my station is more of my preference of the Idol's music. Their own work, not the songs they sing. But isn't that a coincidence:scratch:

20. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

That was post 300:icon_cool::buttrock::ter::bigthumbup::band: