Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Discussion in 'Slacker Spotlight' started by Music_Rube, Oct 21, 2008.

1. AZDude

AZDude Member

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

2. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Finally, I took the time to create my Slacker station, directly from my mp3 collection:

rosco|radio

[​IMG]

A focus on Rock Hits, some Hip-Hop, and other surprises thrown in...

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

That's the coolest station logo ever! :bigclap:

4. MM

MM Administrator

It sure is. roscoryan kicks ass!

5. TVGenius

TVGenius New Member

Would be cool if there were a way to supply your own custom channel ID's that would play... seeing as how it's all about the sharing thing. Wouldn't be too hard to do either...

6. ibprtazpolpcp

ibprtazpolpcp New Member

I'm happily listening to rosco|radio on my portable these daze, thanks Rosco! My other stations are Slacker's country and hip hop/R&B.

So on rosco|radio my portable often says it's a ♥. Rosco did that -- if I tell the web player to edit the station I can look at Rosco's huge list of great songs. My question is, how do future actions change this list? If I ♥ a song while listening on my portable, does it carry over to the rosco|radio URL or does it make my own static copy of the station like a Save As, or what? There's a jillion other questions like this so I'm gonna experiment.

7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Once you download it to your web player or your Slacker portable any changes he makes are not reflected. You get a snapshot of the station at that given time only. If he tweaks it and adds artist he would have to publish it again with the changes. Any changes you make are not reflected on his Station either only on the version that is your web player or protable.

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

AudioSerenity Spa Radio

[​IMG]

New Age/ Relaxation/Meditation Station

This is a great station to come home and kick back and relax too. It has taken me several weeks to get most of the artist together. I wish it was a bit more on the relaxation/meditation side, but many of those artist are not available on Slacker.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

AudioSerenity Spa Radio

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Southern Gospel Radio Station

[​IMG]

I have worked on this station for several week and have it up close to 75 artist.

If you like Southern Gospel, you'll enjoy this one. Give me some feedback on it!

There are many newer artist missing because they are simply not available on Slacker for whatever reason.

Southern Gospel Radio

Enjoy!

10. Listening to it this morning. Like it. Sounds good for the morning mood. Thanks for not being a complete Slacker, and taking the time to build it. I would like a meditation oriented station as well.

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Thanks, I am reviewing and trying to find some more meditation and relaxation artist. It seems that many of them seem to like to do compilations with various artist type CD's. Pandora supports this, but Slacker does not. I am working on a list of missing artist to post on the Slacker Forum in hopes they will add them. I just did this with the Southern Gospel Station I created and it will be interesting to see how receptive they are to adding missing artist.

12. sphere79

sphere79 Member

I'm still working on it but I'll be posting my first custom station for public consumption (based on actual XM Lucy playlists) "Lucille" soon.

Here's the Logo:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: And here's the station: Lucille

I may have to tweak it a bit but so far, so good.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  13. KHill

KHill New Member

Has anybody come up with a station like Audiovisions? I loved falling asleep to Audiovisions, especially the Hearts of Space program they had on in the evenings.

14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The station I created above is some what similar, but there are so many artist in this genre missing it is hard to create a good station.

You do know Hearts of Space is on Sirius XM Spa every night?

15. KHill

KHill New Member

Got ya.

Did not know that. Only thing is though, I'm down to only factory installed Sirius. No more PNP's for me. :(

16. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Someone named xyzzy was working on one on the Slacker fourm:

Official Slacker Forums • What is your Favorite Stations?

Maybe you could PM them and see if it's done?

17. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah, I tried it, but didn't really care for it. To much spacey and weird stuff for me and some songs are very loud and in my opinion not real relaxing. Certainly needs more work!

19. KHill

KHill New Member

Tried one called the Cold of Space, thinking it just might play similar music to the Hearts of Space program. It was a good attempt, but too loud though.

Listened to DAB's for a little bit last night. Pretty decent relaxation station.