Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Discussion in 'Slacker Spotlight' started by Music_Rube, Oct 21, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

This is a great station, thanks for sharing it!

I've been working on a Movin EZ channel, though it probably isn't exactly the same because I tweaked it a bit to my taste. I'd say it's really more of an EZ Listening Channel. But I picked about 30 artist that I've seen play on Moving EZ and added them along with a few others I specifically like. So the results is my EZ Listening Channel. You can take it and tweak it further to be more like Moving EZ or tweak it to be your own EZ Listening Channel.

2. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

3. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Okay, you guys got me hooked. Been looking through your stations, and am working on my own. Web only for me so far, but I think you've all sold me.

4. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Yea its pretty bad ass-i havent really worked on my slacker stations as much as i have my pandora stations yet-will start soon.

5. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

I absouletly love it , and for me I mix Sirius and Slacker up for a little bit I will listen to Sirius and for a little bit I will listen to Slacker.

6. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

I've had my G2 for a few weeks. Trust me...the customization aspect of Slacker makes SatRad look old and tired. Especially if your a true fan of music and like to discover new stuff...Slacker is the way to go.

7. tomcdman

tomcdman New Member

hank-the-dwarf likes this.
  8. bluefenderstrat

bluefenderstrat New Member

Damn, the last thing I need is another MP3 player. But DAB's constant praise of Slacker got me to try it out and now I'm seriously considering buying their device--this is one of the best implementations of customized internet radio I've seen.

Anyway, here's my station--it's got a bit of everything: prog rock, blues, a little jazz, 90s alternative, and some classic rock. My own "Disorder," if you will.

http://www.slacker.com/?sid=stations/9958932/1226970901

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Good, I am glad I could help you out, now go buy one DAWG! :bigthumbup:

10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

So, if I want to plug in the Fred Essentials (2044 songs, in order!) would that create a custom station, or is there a limit of songs I can plug in when creating a new station?

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I am not aware of any limits in terms of artist or songs, but there maybe. Perhaps RomeE or one of the support guys from Slacker will respond. They have been very helpful her on DRC.

When you say 2044 songs in order? It would not play them in a certain order, it will mix them up and each time you refresh so that you don't hear the same songs in the same order over and over.

The most artist songs I've added to any given channel is about 50, but that was not just a channel with me adding songs only, I also had other artist where any of their songs could be played.

12. fauxtographic

fauxtographic New Member

Bossanova on Slacker

Here's a great little Bossanova Station I created a while back.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

Bossanova Nights
    Bossanova Nights plays the best music from Astrud Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Arto Lindsay, Bebel Gilberto, Coleman Hawkins, Elis Regina, João Gilberto, Marcos Valle, Sergio Brandao, Stan Getz and more.

13. RomeE

RomeE New Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 2044 in order.

But, if you had all of the artists/songs, you could setup a station around that if you are a Premium Subscriber to the service. If so, then you can use the "Request Songs" feature under the "Edit Station' to do this. The request songs allows you to search for an artist, and then heart/ban the songs for that artist. Then you can move on to the next artist and heart/ban the songs for that artist. So, it might take a while, but you could eventually get a station that had all of those songs hearted.

With that many songs, it's very possible that we would be able to play only those songs, depending on the DMCA rules that we have to abide to. I would also suggest that you turn "Artist Discovery" off, unless you wanted the system to add in additional artists that were related to the ones you had on your station.

But yes, if you want to give a little time to creating a station, you can customize it by alot.

At the end of the day though, those songs are requests, and our system will determine the order in which they are played, and how often they are played.

Thanks,
    Rome E
    Slacker Support

Music_Rube likes this.
  14. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

Thanks, Rome.

"2044 songs, in order" is the description that XM used for their annual "Fred Essentials" countdown. I would not expect Slacker to play them in order. I was just wondering if I could have a station with 2044 "favorites", or if there might be some upper limit.

15. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Britney and Friends

http://www.slacker.com/stations/9554690/1226193963/

This is a link to "Britney and Friends", which plays Britney Spears of course, as well as other teen pop acts as well as "boy" and "girl" type bands and artists. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but some might enjoy it, even if they'd never admit it. The sation plays music from today and earlier this decade, as well as some older stuff from the late 80s and 90s. A guilty pleasure type station for sure!

I am now working on "Dance Your Ass Off", which will include the entire spectrum of pop-dance music, including 70s disco, the 80s, the 90s, and now.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  16. JMII

JMII Member

Since Sirius killed Backspin :mad: :scratch: I've been working on a Slacker replacement, so far this is what I've got: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

Once a car dock comes out I think I'll pickup a G2 cause I'm really LOVING the service, better then Pandora for me. I'm seriously considering ditching Sirius if they continue this downturn by eliminating choices.

Bandit - I'd be interested in a Dance station, bring it on!!! Slacker is making listening to music fun again :yesshake:

17. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

18. AZDude

AZDude Member

Caliente

Caliente

Here is a station I just created. Still A LOT of fine tuning to do, but so far its working out. I call it Caliente, playing nothing but Merengue and Latin House. Hope you like it! :cool:

19. Derek

Derek Member

20. Aaron

Aaron Moderator