Semi Did It Again!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Semi spills load of beer on I-64WB near Shawnee split - WDRB 41 Louisville News

25179626_BG3.jpg

The driver of a tractor-trailer was hospitalized after his rig overturned in the westbound lanes of Interstate 64 at the split with I-264/Shawnee Expressway.

The driver's injuries were not considered life-threatening.

It happened shortly before 7 a.m. HazMat crews were called to the scene to contain a liquid nitrogen leak. The liquid nitrogen was being used to keep the truck's load of beer cold.

Facebook viewers told WDRB Traffic Reporter Mike Marshall they heard the sound of the crash in Portland and New Albany.

The westbound lanes of I-64, as well as the exit ramp to I-246 to Shively, have been closed for several hours. Officials did not have a timetable for when the road would re-open.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I took a load of beer from Coors in Golden, CO down to Roswell, NM last week. Bottles. Over 45,000lbs.

That's some heavy poop. They tell you it has a high center of gravity, so slow down on those cloverleafs :confused:

I feel bad for all those people who worked hard making, packing, and loading the beer :(

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I took a load of beer from Coors in Golden, CO down to Roswell, NM last week. Bottles. Over 45,000lbs.

That's some heavy poop. They tell you it has a high center of gravity, so slow down on those cloverleafs :confused:

I feel bad for all those people who worked hard making, packing, and loading the beer :(
But the driver should be thanked for saving the public from having to drink the Coors....

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Dumb driver. I hope they take his CDL away & force them to wear a billboard on a street corner telling people how stupid they are ...

Reactions: Wolf

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
What an idiot! He should do jail time for that.
I wonder if he was just an asshole, or if he is just a moron that was texting or something and didn't notice the bus stop it time, so he went right to avoid hitting it.
Either way, fucking idiot, jail time.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
What an idiot! He should do jail time for that.
I wonder if he was just an asshole, or if he is just a moron that was texting or something and didn't notice the bus stop it time, so he went right to avoid hitting it.
Either way, fucking idiot, jail time.

Cars use the shoulder all the time to pass cars turning left, or to make a right hand turn. Doesn't matter if there's a sign saying not to pass or drive on the shoulder o_O