Scott The Engineer

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by geosync, Aug 7, 2018.

1. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

About 6 months ago I asked myself, where's scott? Turns out I'm 3 months behind the news train.

2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

His wife died, yeah. Howard didn't mention it on the show, but apparently did something in private.

Your post made it seem he quit. He's still on the show. Howard used to get into the political arguments with him, but only rags on him now for the popcorn lung.

In fact, Howard seems to goof on everybody only via one method except for Booey. They haven't played JDs techno music in a while, favoring to goof on him for the mumble.

Brent? 2005-2007 Howard probably would have re-created all those Ned songs.

3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Jesus Christ, is the HSS still on?!!

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Why would you expect otherwise?

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Howard is old and last time I had Sirius, they took quite extensive vacations.

I guess I supposed he just faded into obscurity.

6. scotchandcigar

Based on what? SXM subscriptions have never stopped increasing, and there's never been any data supporting a waning of HSS listenership.

Now certainly, I don't believe his inference that the 20M or so that could listen are listening, but there's strong data to support figures of 3-5M, which would place it near the top of charts, along with Limbaugh (older) - who's actual per-show listenership is around 3.5M. This is also about the same as the viewership for Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert, etc. Howard is also (still) the top paid radio guy, so I don't understand your basis for "fading".

Just because you stopped subscribing to SXM doesn't mean it ceases to exist.

hyson likes this.
  7. geosync

I got limbaugh at 14 million daily/weekly listeners, hannity around 13.5, dave ramsey at 13, michael savage at 11, beck at 10.5
    mark levin at 10, george noory at 9 ingraham at 8, mike gallager at 7, hugh hewitt at 6.5 and thom hartman at 6.25, and alex jones 5.9 million weekly listeners. I can't attach the chart because of file size but this is from February from talkers estimetrix. The only non hard right wing shows are ramsey, noory, and hartman. Of course beck is scaling back, ingrahm is on tv, jones is getting pushed back. That's 87 million listeners per week doing rushes show and we know that every listener counts as 2 as the wife or friend or kid in the car or at home. Add those numbers up.

8. scotchandcigar

Yes, but there are reputable articles explaining why those figures are bullshit. They are self-reported aggregates. They state that on any given day, it's 3.5m for Limbaugh.

9. scotchandcigar

I think the point is being missed. That is, Howard has a stable or growing audience, that is comparable to the audience for other big shows and entertainers. That's it.

10. geosync

Well I hope it's only 3.5 but I doubt it. His kind of tripe radio can be found on more than one am station in Oregon. And this state goes blue. As far as Stern who knows. I'd say he's lost as many he's gained since 2006. But who knows. At these prices in two years sirius will be sliding down the tubes.

11. scotchandcigar

One thing's for sure: the Howard media empire has fizzled out. There was H100 news, Artie, Ferral, Bubba, Jay Thomas, Fitzsimmons, Riley Martin, O&A, etc. Now it's just Howard, and when he's done, it's done.

12. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

The newest thing is that Serial podcast. Of course, that's santized beyond belief, but it's what's popular now.

Unless the website hasn't been updated, the only thing not Howard on his channels is Greg Fitzsimmons and I can't believe it's still on. That show has to be a zero point zero. Howard would occasionally mention Jackie's show, Bubba or Ferrall. He never mentions Greg.

But yeah, two weeks of no live shows means essentially 2.5 weeks of tapes on what *should be* the premier channels on satellite radio.