Say Goodbye to These Sirius Channels

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I feel the same way. Liquid Metal just dosnt sound as cool...... but whats in a name? At least we still have a Metal channel.

I agree. Hard Attack is way cooler than Liquid Metal. I notice they kept the DJ's from Hard Attack, and the shows. Wonder if it's a change in name only or if they music will change. Hard Attack, the hardest music on or off the planet!

jeddeth

Oct 28, 2008
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned what a SCAM the Best Of packages turned out to be! Rather than offering us some of the best programming from the other service, they have effectively given everybody everything except for the 'best' of what the other service had. I thought this was a merger and everyone would be paying the same as they were pre-merger? Now, as a Sirius subscriber, I get everything an XM subscriber gets, but if I want the 8 best XM channels I have to pay extra. That makes no sense.

(I also posted this as a comment on orbitcast)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Damn! No Boombox! Area just isn't the same, and BPM is too pop oriented.
I hope there are some adjustments to the set lists over the coming weeks.

At least Alt Nation, Lithium, and First Wave are still on the air.

I'll have to spend some time listening in and surfing around to see how this all feels.

At the moment, I'm not too upset with it, but where the hell am I supposed to find bands like The Crystal Method, and Chemical Brothers? That was one of the big reasons I picked Sirius over XM in the first place.

PS. My SL2 deleted the replays from stations that have been removed from the line-up.

freeheel

Nov 12, 2008
A small think, but the channel images/icons look like crap on my Inno.
Does anyone know what will happen to the Celtic Crush?

Audio Snob

Nov 12, 2008
More bandwidth please
Ugh, Sirius XMu. No it's not the same as Left of Center, my favorite channel. At least they kept Blog Radio but the regular playlist sounds like a bunch of meandering filler now. No focus, no fun. Bah, that's the whole reason I switched from XM to Sirius way back. I was hoping it would just be a name change with LOC programming but obviously not, it sounds like they must have kept the XMU PD and blown out the LOC staff. Between that and the Punk channel getting dropped altogether I might not be a subscriber at all much longer (and no, Faction is NOT Punk).

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I wasn't looking forward to the change either but I just changed to Xmu for the first time and they're playing Archers of Loaf. :) So I'm wiling to give them a chance.

jnj86

Nov 10, 2008
Beaumont CA
I agree. Hard Attack is way cooler than Liquid Metal. I notice they kept the DJ's from Hard Attack, and the shows. Wonder if it's a change in name only or if they music will change. Hard Attack, the hardest music on or off the planet!
You better believe Hard Attack is a cooler name. What the fuck kinda name is Liquid Metal. Fuckin lame.

Kept some of the DJ's. Kal, Scotty, Troy and Kara are no longer listed on the Liquid Metal site. Also, only kept Bloody Roots and Beyond The Pit. Devil's Dozen and Listener Domination and Hard Files are gone.

Fuck Liquid Metal you Sirius cock suckers.

ldivinag

Oct 15, 2008
N33 37* W122 3*
why couldnt they combine strobe and chrome into one station, the strome????? ;)

but a big FU to whoever decided to kill BOTH disco stations... brrrr.......

xpenguin9

Nov 12, 2008

I'll have to spend some time listening in and surfing around to see how this all feels.

At the moment, I'm not too upset with it, but where the hell am I supposed to find bands like The Crystal Method, and Chemical Brothers? That was one of the big reasons I picked Sirius over XM in the first place.

PS. My SL2 deleted the replays from stations that have been removed from the line-up.

For the most part like the lineup now better than before. I mostly listen to Area38 and sometimes the beat, but the beat repeats song so damn much it's so annoying. I liked BPM much better when i used to have XM, so I am happy that's on Sirius now, while still keeping area. Sucks Boombox had to go though, but I don't listen to that one very much anyways. And i'm glad Pop2k is on Sirius while not losing Sirius hits 1.

But since someone brought up the "best of" packages and what a farce they are, how about the a-la-carte ones? I think that's even worse.... because if you listen to any other station that isn't music, you can't get ala carte as they only allow music channels. Not that I listen to a lot of talk, but I do listen to Blue collar comedy often, fox news channel here and there, the nascar channel sometimes, and howard stern once in a blue moon. so yeah, that effectively kills the ala-carte. oh well. at least i'm paying the same as i was before, got 2 new stations that i like, and lost 2, but the 2 new ones are better than the two i lost. so overall i'm happy.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I will miss the name of Hard Attack and these channels I also miss:

Movin' Easy
Buzzsaw

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It surprises me that they will go without old school rap and disco channels.
But, most of all, I will miss Movin EZ!

Looking forward to Cinemagic, The Village, and 40's.

There are several Movin' EZ like channels but nothing like the Strobe or Backspin. Again, damn shame! Totally scraping great genres!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

I actually took a quick look at that and my replays on my SL100 are still there from the Big 80s and the Strobe (also all the songs I recorded from the Strobe are still there..I would be pissed if those rarities were gone!).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I noticed that....Looks like XM is keeping some of their music stations but not only do we not get them but we are sharing everything? And Sirius bought XM (as the Beat guy said)? Great!

Sirius has 2 more Canadian music channels it needs to keep so it just doesn't have the room.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
You better believe Hard Attack is a cooler name. What the fuck kinda name is Liquid Metal. Fuckin lame.

Kept some of the DJ's. Kal, Scotty, Troy and Kara are no longer listed on the Liquid Metal site. Also, only kept Bloody Roots and Beyond The Pit. Devil's Dozen and Listener Domination and Hard Files are gone.

Fuck Liquid Metal you Sirius cock suckers.
See my post in the other thread.