Say Farewell to The Bridge... Again. (Led Zeplin Radio)

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by siriusxm_csrep, Oct 30, 2008.

1. siriusxm_csrep

siriusxm_csrep New Member

Looks like Led Zeppelin Radio is coming back and SIRIUS listeners will get to hear it, too.

Starting November 1, it'll air 24/7 Zeppelin music on SIRIUS 12 and XM 39 and will run for two months.

Oh joy, I'm gonna really enjoy listening to customers bitch about why The Bridge is gone again! As if we don't get enough from customers who miss Punk (and Fungus) and hate AC/DC Radio. :rolleyes:

AC/DC is good, but Led Zeppelin is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better! :cool:

2. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Say Farewell to The Bridge... Again.

SIRIUS XM Radio To Launch Channel Dedicated To Led Zeppelin

NEW YORK, Oct 30, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- "Led Zeppelin Radio" will be broadcast on SIRIUS channel 12 and XM channel 39 and will feature Led Zeppelin music 24/7, including interviews and rarities.

Sirius XM Radio Inc. - SIRIUS XM Radio To Launch Channel Dedicated To Led Zeppelin

November 1st - December 31st... There's always next year. :s

3. siriusxm_csrep

siriusxm_csrep New Member

Yo mods, can the two Led Zeppelin Radio threads be merged here? Thanx!

4. Bandwagon03

Bandwagon03 Well-Known Member

You know what would be "way better"? If Sirius cared as much for their subs and listeners as Payola...:mad:

5. JJS

JJS Member

This is arguably a Bridge thread, not a Led thread. The Bridge has been Sirius's most disrespected channel. It is indeed a bridge...between single-artist infomercial sweeps.

6. jr461

jr461 New Member

Hopefully the Bridge resurfaces after the channel realignment in mid-Nov.

There have also been conflicting reports about what is going to be on Ch 12.

Several of us have heard announcements on air on the Pulse that they are moving to Ch 12.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I just hope the Bridge isn't gone for a long time.

7. Pink Willie

Pink Willie Member

Well this sucks.

8. jwt873

jwt873 Member

[​IMG]

hexagram likes this.
  9. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Ha! I had a feeling you would bring that back. :rofl2:

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

This sucks.
    This sucks.
    This sucks.

Why Led Zepplin? Aren't they dead (but not gratefull)?

This sucks.

And now we see why the title of the channel was never changed from Sirius 12 and made "The Bridge".
    Sirius managenent is and always will be by greedly lying scum. How much payola are they getting this time??????

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  11. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

This is what i said aboutn the punk channel and that ac/dc crap!And didnt they just bring the bridge back recently?

12. IdRatherBeSkiing

Yes. Just last June. But they never labeled the channel. It says "Sirius 12". Lets see if it gets labeled with Led Zeplin.

13. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

See, this is why I only hang out in the political forum. How many times can we bitch about the Bridge being crapped on by Sirius before it feels like Groundhog Day?

Heck, I'm still pissed that we lost The Border way back in 1982 or whenever that was. 2005. And Folktown.

14. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

[​IMG]

15. I am way ready for Led Zeplin Radio. I wonder which preset will be the first to go on my radio.

16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Now we have conflicting info. Some were reporting that started Nov 14 the Pulse would move to Channel 12, now it seems Channel 12 will become Led Zeplin Radio.

One thing for sure this does not bode well for The Bridge!

Trying to keep an open mind here, but I've about had it with all these single artist channels, while removing The Bridge. Glad I got my Slacker G2, because I may just be dropping another subscription.

I merged the threads and Topic Title.

17. jwt873

jwt873 Member

LOL... It took a bit of work so I never deleted it :)

I don't mind the odd single artist being featured... I don't mind Zeppelin. I just don't like The Bridge (or more correctly channel 12) being used all the time for these things.

Instead of picking on one channel, I'd like to see things spread around. They could perhaps take down 'Super Shuffle' for one single artist feature and then 'Disorder' for the next and then maybe 'The Bridge' for the one after that.

I may be wrong, but didn't XM add an extra channel (39) so they could feature Zeppelin? (If that's the case, then XM users get Zeppelin without losing any other content).

18. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

XM usually pulls another channel down... usually UPOP goes away to feature the artist. They just put them on different channel numbers.

19. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Becoming a huge internet radio fan are we?

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Zeller has responded to some queries that The Bridge will be back in January. I don't think the rumour from "The Pulse" is acurate regardless of the source. The fact that they have DJs on their own service 1) releasing supposidly top secret information and 2) releasing most likely incorrect information is most disturbing. I think it shows how bad the internal management in this company actually is.