Satellite problem??

greenearth

Oct 14, 2008
Ohio
Mine still shows 184 and only one I can hear is 100. I will leave it docked & listen to a local radio station instead. Thank goodness we have a good one 102.5.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am fine but when I did my weekly reboot it took me to the new subscriber screen. I hit continue without activation and I was fine.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I am fine but when I did my weekly reboot it took me to the new subscriber screen. I hit continue without activation and I was fine.

I depend on programming to automatically switch between the news and music channels in the morning. So, even though the "continue without activation" works, I lose much of the usefulness of my SL2. :(

At least I don't have to listen to commercial FM radio...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I depend on programming to automatically switch between the news and music channels in the morning. So, even though the "continue without activation" works, I lose much of the usefulness of my SL2. :(

At least I don't have to listen to commercial FM radio...

My programmed recordings are working even 'continuing without activation'.

Pericles

Jul 15, 2012
My programmed recordings are working even 'continuing without activation'.

Hello IRBS,

I am glad to see that you are able to record. I am a proud owner and lover of an SL2 myself. Would you mind confirming that you can playback thye recordings?

I was able to do all of the above, but I remain locked out of my library.

Cheers,
Pericles
(Found this site through TSS Taylor)

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hello IRBS,

I am glad to see that you are able to record. I am a proud owner and lover of an SL2 myself. Would you mind confirming that you can playback thye recordings?

I was able to do all of the above, but I remain locked out of my library.

Cheers,
Pericles
(Found this site through TSS Taylor)

Welcome to DRC.

And you are correct. And when I go back to sat subscription I get the continue without activation menu.

I set it up to do the activation and sent a refresh signal. Will give it 15-30 minutes to see if it did anything.

Pericles

Jul 15, 2012
Welcome to DRC.

And you are correct. And when I go back to sat subscription I get the continue without activation menu.

I set it up to do the activation and sent a refresh signal. Will give it 15-30 minutes to see if it did anything.

Hey There,

I'm sorry about that man. I really am.

I am not sure the refresh will work.

Here is the latest part of my story pasted below:

-----------------------------------------------

I put in a trouble ticket with Sirius Tech support on 07/12/2012 at 09:39 AM which explained my (our) issue. They responded this morning with the following:
------------------Begin Email---------------------------------------

Subject: Why has my Radio become unsubscribed? Radio: Sirius Stiletto 2 Portable I am ful...

Response To Your Inquiry (Brian Rempillo)

07/15/2012 08:53 AM

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your radio's reception issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience. At this point, your radio should be functional and we are working on correcting this so it does not happen again. In the meantime, please try to refresh your signal. Just follow these simple steps:

- You'll need to enter your Radio ID/ESN, so have it handy.
- If you're near your radio now, go to http://www.siriusxm.com/refresh and follow the easy instructions.
- If you're not near your radio, call our automated activation hotline when you're ready at 855-MY REFRESH (697-3373).

This is important: Your radioneeds to be powered on and tuned to Channel 184 for Sirius radios or Channel 1 for XM and SiriusXM radios. Make sure your antenna has a clear view of the sky before sending a refresh signal.

If you continue to experience a problem with your radio, please call Listener Care at 866-635-2349 so that one of our representatives can assist you.

We appreciate your patience in dealing with this matter.

We hope you continue to enjoy SiriusXM's commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action

Thank you,

Brian
SiriusXM Listener Care
1-866-635-2349

Customer Inquiry (Pericles XXXXXXX)

07/12/2012 09:39 AM

Why has my Radio become unsubscribed?

Radio: Sirius Stiletto 2 Portable

I am fully paid up (Until 2014) and I put my radio in it's dock for the night and to record Howard and it became unsubscribed. I called Customer Care and they assured me that I was paid up, but could not resubscribe me. There was also a recording saying that there was a problem with some radios and they were working on it. Issue occured: July 11, 2012 The Customer Care also explained that they just did a big software update and that there was a problem with one of their six satellites. I am getting a FULL SIGNAL. The radio worked perfectly until docked.
-----------------END EMAIL---------------------------------

I have done the above and after sending the signal, I got this screen message:

-------------Start------------------------------
Activation Request Sent

We have sent an activation signal to your radio. It may take up to fifteen minutes before the activation signal is processed and sent to your radio.

Do not adjust your radio during this process.
------------------------End-------------------------------------

After 30 minutes I checked the radio and there has been no change. The Support Fix DID NOT WORK.

On Twitter a user named TSS Taylor told me that others are having the SL2 problem but not all, however, I think there is a information disconnect happening here because no one has reported being able to access recrodings (at least that I could find) only that they have recording capability. As stated by someone else -- it appears to be recording -- but then I cannot access my library or my Wi-Fi as it takes me back to the UNSUBSCRIBED screens. TSS Taylor pointed me to a long thread on another forum that was similar to the original one I found here. A few people are posting that they are back to normal, but their process was:

1. Got Activation Screen.
2. Continued Without Activation.
3. Found my channels.
4. Was able to initiate a recording.

Well, I can do that. But I cannot access my Library (or WiFi) -- so they might be in for some surprises.

I registered there and asked if anyone could access recordings and I am waiting to hear back.

I have a feeling when Howard Stern returns with new shows, this will blow up.

I hope I am wrong. I hope that I am doing something wrong and at some point Sirius will send a real "magic bullet" down the line and fix everything.

Cheers,
Pericles

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Refresh did not work.

Without the recordings, the SL2 is useless to me as I listen to SXM via other means. Use the recordings to listen to weekend countdowns at my leisure.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
still down , call SXM and basically told still fighting a software bug and what they did was turn on free preview of Sirius Select, thats why no BoXM, tuff luck is what I am being told in a nice way. I only use Siri for 1 show now adays. Thinking of just giving up.

Pericles

Jul 15, 2012
Hi Tom,
I'll tell you what, that's the best news I've heard through this whole thing.
I guess we just wait and see...

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
still down , call SXM and basically told still fighting a software bug and what they did was turn on free preview of Sirius Select, thats why no BoXM, tuff luck is what I am being told in a nice way. I only use Siri for 1 show now adays. Thinking of just giving up.

If my SL2 with lifetime sub is still down tomorrow I will demand a free preview and have them e-mail me when my specific receiver's reception has been restored. The original 24-48 hour interruption is turning into an angry cluster $%^&

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Monday morning update, just got off the phone again, after explaining AGAIN to the lady who pick up about waist of time a refresh signal is, she sent a refresh signal. After a few min she told me to check my BofXM, still nothing, again told her that my SL2 never updates. I was sent to tech support. After 10 min wait tech pick up and said that they are having issues with the Stilettos, no BofXM and no record, they are working on it and have no time frame at this time when it will be fixed.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Monday morning update, just got off the phone again, after explaining AGAIN to the lady who pick up about waist of time a refresh signal is, she sent a refresh signal. After a few min she told me to check my BofXM, still nothing, again told her that my SL2 never updates. I was sent to tech support. After 10 min wait tech pick up and said that they are having issues with the Stilettos, no BofXM and no record, they are working on it and have no time frame at this time when it will be fixed.

Thanx for the update. I was getting ready to call myself but cringed at the CS 'expert' I would first get.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008

Responded to a survey request based on my first customer service call. I don't ahve a high hope a human will read my mostly negative comments. Is it time to put Sirius and incompetent in the same sentence? I'd like to have a town hall talk with the jokers who engineered the 24-48 hour adjustments.

I encourage subscribers with dead receivers to demand a trail sub while Sirius fixes it's problems.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Guys,

RE: Stiletto Recording problems that JUST popped up.

I got in contact with a tech guy at the company that wants to email/talk on the phone with a few of you about what's going on.

He will go from there. I don't want him to get flooded with calls/emails otherwise he won't be able to get to the core issue. Just needs to figure it out and go from there. I do think there are some other people on this case, but this guy may be able to accelerate getting something done.

So please DM me if you want to have a solid discussion with him and I will pass those contacts on.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
Thanx for the update. I was getting ready to call myself but cringed at the CS 'expert' I would first get.

As the thread originator, I've been following what you other guys have been going through since last week, and figure it's time for my own update. My S2 (lifetime sub) continues to work only as a receiver - recording and Wifi still get an `activation needed' message that I CAN'T get through. So recording, the main reason I have an S2 in the first place, doesn't work at all. A hard shutdown produces a similar activation needed message, but, as IRBS found out, I can get past that one to at least get the radio (channel receiving) part working.

I too went back and forth between customer care and product support (technical) people so many times last Wed. and Th. that I'm sure the `notes' on my account read like an f'ing book. After spending well over an hour Thursday morning with a rather pleasant, seemingly knowledgeable (though he was troubeshooting step by step from a manual), and - most surprising to me of all - actually understandable (ie English speaking!) tech person, his conclusion was that something had happened to my S2 beyond whatever problem Sirius was having. I was successful, however, in convincing the `tech' dude that ALL of my S2 functions had indeed worked prior to the said problem. Therefore he implied that, if I wanted to record again, finding another S2 might be my only option. The only good news here was that, if I did find another S2, they would wave the $75 lifetime transfer fee.

But I was getting the impression last Thursday that the problem was indeed fixed on their end, and the fact that my wifi and recording capabilities were now toast was an anomaly with MY radio. That seems different from what the rest of you guys are hearing.

Thursday night my saga took a different twist when I got a phone call at home from a lady in the Sirius Customer Advocacy Team (WHO knew THAT existed?), in response to an on line survey questionaire I submitted after being contacted to critique my recent customer help request. Needless to say that, though firm but polite, I wasn't real complimentary about my most recent Sirius interaction.

I was told that if after doing an update of my Stiletto using My Sirius Studio Software (something I have never done even though I had installed the program), if I still couldn't record or use Wifi, that I would be sent another S2. Needless to say, I checked for updates and received a message back saying `none were available for my device.' So I called the advocacy group (again - whatever TF THAT is!) back Fri. morning, and was told that another (I'm assuming refurbed) S2 will indeed be sent to me, and I should receive it in a couple days - ie tomorrow (Tues).

Stay tuned, and keep reporting your own experiences.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
Holy S!!! Right after submitting that missive a few minutes ago, I saw Taylor's post from three minutes earlier. So I checked my S2 functions and both recording and wifi are NOW back!

At least the wifi works, and I was able to set programmed recordings. I'll know for sure after doing a couple actual recordings whether they work for sure - but it looks like everything is back to normal!