Satellite problem??

jwenzel

Jul 16, 2012
FINALLY!!!

My SL2 has BOTH Sirius and the Best of XM.

Thanks for any help that anyone was able to provide behind the scenes.

Joe Wenzel

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
It caputured my radio replays. I didn't have any presets set. Everything has been operating normally since early yesterday afternoon.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I would guess that the actual software of the Stiletto is the same as before.

I haven't noticed any changes to the previous version so I'm on board with the fact it might be more stable, but no improvements or revisions were made. For example ch 15's logo is still BBC Radio 1.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I haven't noticed any changes to the previous version so I'm on board with the fact it might be more stable, but no improvements revisions were made. For example ch 15's logo is still BBC Radio 1.

I wouldn't have expected them to do any upgrades (unfortunately) during an emergency repair.

But now that they'd have some people working on the SL2, this would be a great opportunity to roll out an upgrade. :bigthumbup:

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
I couldn't be happier, even though it was a tad frustrating and took some effort over the past few days getting this problem resolved. I've done several programmed recordings - including Stern both yesterday and today - and my S2 is back to normal. In addition, the replacement S2 sent to me by the Sirius customer advocacy team arrived yesterday, as promised. When I contacted that group this morning to let them know my original S2 was working, they said not to bother returning the replacement, and to just keep it as a spare in case I need it in the future.

I couldn't ask for better customer service than that!

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I couldn't be happier, even though it was a tad frustrating and took some effort over the past few days getting this problem resolved. I've done several programmed recordings - including Stern both yesterday and today - and my S2 is back to normal. In addition, the replacement S2 sent to me by the Sirius customer advocacy team arrived yesterday, as promised. When I contacted that group this morning to let them know my original S2 was working, they said not to bother returning the replacement, and to just keep it as a spare in case I need it in the future.

Now THAT is a success story!
Well done nafddur.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008

Nice play, good to hear Sirius and customer service in the same sentence. If anything, Siri found out about our satrad addiction during the five day outage. :peace:

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
I know there have been a lot of issues with the SL2 recently however I think the issue I am having with mine may not be the same as the others. I have noticed a big change in the reception on my SL2 when I am walking with it outside. I cannot seem to get a reception any more and that is when it is in the armband. I used to at least get one bar just walking ouside. I do not have the satellite headphones and notice they are difficult to find. I did find someone who is selling them for a reasonable price but I am concerned that the headphones may not make a difference.

Anyone else ever have this issue with the SL2?

Thanks,
DJL

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I know there have been a lot of issues with the SL2 recently however I think the issue I am having with mine may not be the same as the others. I have noticed a big change in the reception on my SL2 when I am walking with it outside. I cannot seem to get a reception any more and that is when it is in the armband. I used to at least get one bar just walking ouside. I do not have the satellite headphones and notice they are difficult to find. I did find someone who is selling them for a reasonable price but I am concerned that the headphones may not make a difference.

Anyone else ever have this issue with the SL2?

Thanks,
DJL

We have found that sometimes a good drop of the SL2 will cause the internal antenna to break. Which is something we can repair.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
the replacement S2 sent to me by the Sirius customer advocacy team arrived yesterday, as promised. When I contacted that group this morning to let them know my original S2 was working, they said not to bother returning the replacement, and to just keep it as a spare in case I need it in the future.

One other piece of follow up info - Not only do I have a spare S2, the spare remains fully functional (receives all channels, records, wifi works)!

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
It's been almost 2 months, so I thought I'd check back here. Both my (replacement and original) S2's are still working perfectly - reception, recording and wifi. I'm still so happy with the response I got to the original problem, that I reupped the free, trial (3 mo.) subscription on my bimmer to the 6 month, reduced rate, $5/month sub. After 6 more months, we'll negotiate further.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
How the hell do they know? Or do they just use forums like this one to send a "kill signal" to everyone?

Maybe it was this same radio, but I had one on overnight. When I woke up, it was killed.

...and I loved the SL2, except for the wonkiness. My scroll wheels would always get stuck, the volume buttons would be jammed and/or broken so it would be a constant battle to change the volume, and I couldn't get satellite reception without the antenna headphones.

Honestly, the day I got my smartphone was a godsend. The app really allows me to do what I wanted all along...wear whatever headphones I want to AND put the phone in my pocket and STILL get reception.