Satellite problem??

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I tried sending the activation code again this morning. Didn't work. I waited over 15 minutes and nothing happened.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Mine came back at approx 11:30PM last night after leaving it on CH 184 all day. The on screen mesage said Supscription Updated..Press to continue.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
just got off the line with siri, my reg siri chans are back this morning but not my BoXM. Was told that Premier (BoXM) chans are still down, no help on when they will be back, said that she was sending a signal but nothing happened. Also if I do a hard shut down the unsub msg come up again, if you got anything leave it on.

oh- I have a SL2

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I call Sirius Canada earlier today. It didn't help. Still not getting activated. The customer service representative told me that they were having some technical difficulties, but he wasn't able to tell me when they would be resolved. As helpful as ever...

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Just called up and they told me I wasn't being charged for my Premier subscription while my extra channels weren't working, so that's something at least. He said something about maybe tomorrow it would be fixed but he couldn't guarantee anything.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
When these things happen it's always good to check SiriusXM Help (SXM_Help) on Twitter

I heard people complaining a bit on twitter and thought it was a fluke. Reason being is they will always say it's a Satellite issue or that the Sat went down. If that were the case the phones at TSS would ring off the hook and I'd know immediately. But this was something that was some sort of a software glitch that went on for Some but not all of the older Sirius Radios.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Customer care referred me to technical support today. Paid term subs (1 year, two years, etc) were good to go. Trial and lifetime subs with Stiletto receivers were still being ironed out. They told me to wait another day and call 1-800-869-8990 if the problem lasted longer than a day.

Life without satrad sucks the big one. Can't see myself going without even if the old birds die in 2015.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Do you still have wifi and recording functions?

Disabled. Ditto when trying to love a song and checking to see if it appears in the library. Have to wait til Sunday for the restoration of service.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
When these things happen it's always good to check SiriusXM Help (SXM_Help) on Twitter

I heard people complaining a bit on twitter and thought it was a fluke. Reason being is they will always say it's a Satellite issue or that the Sat went down. If that were the case the phones at TSS would ring off the hook and I'd know immediately. But this was something that was some sort of a software glitch that went on for Some but not all of the older Sirius Radios.

Software glitch eh? I blame Y2K! :)

greenearth

Oct 14, 2008
Ohio
Activate

I still show activate in my lifetime stiletto. They blamed a satellite issue & said my channels should update any time. Nice update TSS

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I'm with an earlier poster's theory that Sirius is purging expired subscriptions and modifying it's billing department so signals will only go to paying customers. They probably forgot about us lifetimers and need to create an exception since the term subs are already active.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
This is the email they sent out about the issue. I doesn't exactly make the situation more clear though.

"Dear Family Friendly Plan Subscriber:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our broadcast signal that may temporarily affect the SiriusXM channels your radio receives and we wanted to inform you as quickly as possible.

We have isolated the problem and our engineering team is working quickly to correct it. However, until the issue is resolved, the functionality that prevents your radio from receiving non-Family Friendly channels may not be working properly.

It is important that you are aware of this issue, since these channels include some content that you may consider inappropriate for those who listen to your Sirius Radio.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this technical issue and re-instate your "Family Friendly" lineup.

We will send you additional updates as the situation changes.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Joe Zarella
Chief Service Officer
SiriusXM Radio"