Samsung Mobile 500 Thread

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
semi..... are you trying to jinx Johnson by picking him every week or simply playing the odds?

Anyhow, I picked Biffle in the elimination game so I will stick with him. He'll be firing the six shooters in the air after this race in victory lane while wearing the goofy cowboy hat. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
All day long yesterday I kept trying to remember to make my picks. Sure enough, I didn't think about it until 5:30 this morning and it was too late. Oh well, last weeks picks will have to do. :yesshake:

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
All day long yesterday I kept trying to remember to make my picks. Sure enough, I didn't think about it until 5:30 this morning and it was too late. Oh well, last weeks picks will have to do. :yesshake:

Thats why I have always made it a habit to make my picks the Monday morning after the previous weeks race.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Thats why I have always made it a habit to make my picks the Monday morning after the previous weeks race.

Now, that's something my wife might say. LOL

I know that I'm in trouble when her sentences start out with..... 'That's why I always..... blah, blah, etc.'

I tend to tune out when I hear that phrase but point well taken. :bigthumbup:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I know that I'm in trouble when her sentences start out with..... 'That's why I always..... blah, blah, etc.'

I tend to tune out when I hear that phrase but point well taken.

Ha Ha! In my marriage it's ME that's says that. And yes, my wife tunes out. LOL.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
You can make your picks weeks in advance, thats what I usually do and make small changes as the weeks go by if a driver is on a hot streak or not driving well. This way if I forget its not a huge deal.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Weather not looking to promising today. Anyone from that area that can shed any hope on today's race?

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net

Eddie Gossage is an idiot. As I posted on the ESPN thread, if Eddie want to see who has been stealing from the fans over the years it's the track operators themselves. Want to buy a $8 bottle of water? $7 for a Hot dog? Forcing you to buy a season ticket when you only want to attend one race.
But you really see how much of a tool he is when he says "Things will get better when Jr. wins a race"

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Eddie Gossage is an idiot. As I posted on the ESPN thread, if Eddie want to see who has been stealing from the fans over the years it's the track operators themselves. Want to buy a $8 bottle of water? $7 for a Hot dog? Forcing you to buy a season ticket when you only want to attend one race.

I agree that prices at most tracks are outrageous. Personally, I don't go to any tracks that wouldn't allow you to bring in your own food/snacks. Texas doesn't have any of those restrictions on bringing in food, beer, etc.... They have restrictions on the number of bags and cooler size but they aren't all that different from most tracks. In other words, don't pay their prices. Bring your own.

Being forced to purchase season tickets is slowly going by the wayside. While their still are some, I know of two that quit that policy. Bristol used to be a track that required you to get season tickets in order to have a fall, night race, ticket. Now that they're having issues trying to fill the place, they're changing their tune. Richmond, same story. I used to have season tickets for that track because that was their policy for the seats where I sat. For two years I ate the $200 IRL weekend. I couldn't give the tickets away. I finally called and said that I only wanted the two cup dates and no IRL. They said no so I quit going. They've since called several time trying to get me to come back with the deal that I wanted. Apparently the fan is starting to become more important for some of the tracks.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
That is cool :cool: Thank you! :hatsoff:

SNR is about half a lap behind the video feed. The feed is pretty good, too, considering I have to use a Sprint 3G internet car :shock:

Not a problem.....

My connection is so slow.......

How slow is it?

My connection is so slow that I'm still watching the closing laps from Phoenix. I think Jeff Gordon still has a good shot at this!

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Looks like I won't be getting the nationwide race until 10:30 tonight.... Good ole' Canadian TV for ya.. Anyways hopefully I will find a feed online, maybe that link you posted dp will air it for me...:)