Samsung Galaxy S7

Discussion in 'Android' started by Andrew8468, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

2. Andrew8468

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm still happy with my Note 4, but it looks like they are adding some nice features. The pressure sensitive screen will be good.

4. Andrew8468

Samsung will announce the Galaxy S7 and s7 Edge on the date of the Daytona 500. Sunday, February 21.

semipenguin likes this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Isn't that the same thing as the 3D touch Apple introduced with the iPhone6S? If so, it's a marginal feature and can be placed in the 'Apple did it, we gotta do it too' category.

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Pretty much. That's what they all do.
    It's marginal enough I wouldn't trade in a phone or choose a new one just to get it, but I'd like it if it was there, I'd use it.
    I use my phone's stylus to take notes and sketch, and mark up photos and PDFs.

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I know my phone has it. And I always upgrade to the latest when I do. But I don't think I have ever used it. I use the Apple Pay and the touch activation a lot more.

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Soooooo, I'm watching the Daytona 500. When are they going to introduce the Galaxy VII?

10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

HecticArt likes this.
  11. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

So the S7 and S7 Edge are out now, and the reviews are universally excellent. Both phones are water resistant, have more battery power, an SD card slot, significantly improved low-light photo capability, and the usual performance upgrades. The S7 Edge has a larger display than the S6 Edge, 5.5 vs 5.1, while the overall phone size is only minimally larger (it's a little taller).

Any thoughts?

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

If I were gonna upgrade, I'd get a GS7. I am gonna try & squeeze out as much life as I can from this LG G3 before buying another phone for myself

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Samsung is still doing well. I'm still very happy with my Note 4.

Sent from Tapatalk

14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I got this email today ...

IMG_20160319_224923.jpg

I would for 24 extra gigs per month. Not 24 extra gigs per year

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I only need one phone.....

16. scotchandcigar

I might be able to make that deal work, if 2 of the 4 of us get new phones. That's a $700 phone for free. And the 2 GB extra per month is sweet, and it's forever. Not sure what you find wrong with that.

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I can blow thru 20 gigs of data in a month, easy. But I would have to share that with two other phones.

My girlfriend's son has an S5. I have an LG G3. When I left Sprint for Verizon a year & a half ago, I go 15gigs, plus 2 bonus gigs. All for about $277/mo.

I tried switching to an 18 gig plan, but I brought my total bill over $300/mo for the three phone. That one extra gig wasn't worth the $20+/mo, so I asked if they couldn't switch me back to my old plan, & they did.

I have until 31 Mar to think about it, but I really don't see the point in making the switch. I just switched my girlfriend's phone from a 5s to a 6s 124G phone. Just making a switch costs money, and holds me to Verizon for at least another two years

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Verizon will screw ya.
    They just want to bump your rates and don't care about customer loyalty.

semipenguin likes this.
  19. scotchandcigar

While none of these companies are non-profit, it is pretty easy to figure out what their plans will cost you, and they always grandfather any changes. I've got 4 smartphones on an 18 GB plan for about $270/mo. Yes that's expensive, but less than what some people are paying.

semipenguin likes this.
  20. Andrew8468

The LG G5 will be out soon as well.

semipenguin likes this.