Samsung Galaxy S6

Discussion in 'Android' started by semipenguin, Mar 1, 2015.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Ehilbert1 and Aaron like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

With as good as the battery is on my Note 4, I'm less concerned about removable batteries on Samsung phones. I do still think that removable memory is important even though you can easily take care of file management via usb cable.

Ehilbert1 and semipenguin like this.
  3. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

No matter what Samsung does it will never beat Apple. If it has no removable storage that will suck. It will hurt Samsungs sales too. You can get a 128gb micro sd card for $70 now. You can get a 64gb card for $25.

I don't know why companies charge so much for flash storage. Greed I guess. Especially when you can get the micro sd cards for cheap. Yea I know it's all a out profit.

I'm happy with my Note 4. Awesome screen and awesome battery life.

Sent from my Note 4

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You never seem to like your phones. What's wrong with your G3? Mine has been great.

6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

When I tap the screen to turn it on, I repeatedly have to tap on it to get the screen to turn on.

Same thing goes for just using the space bar.

I have never had a problem buying baseball tickets on my Galaxy S3. Last night I tried to buy tickets but it wouldn't let me on the mobile site.

The camera lens got fogged up, but I never got the phone wet, aside from a drop or two or rain here & there, and that was on the screen, not the camera lens.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

When I got my G3, I tried downloading Monopoly. I bought the game from the Google Play store a few years ago.

It says I can't because my phone isn't compatible.

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just push the button on the back to turn it on.

The mobile site might not work with other modern phones.

Are you sure the lens is fogged and not scuffed?

That's probably a fail for EA. EA has refused to update a bunch of their games for new hardware and OS versions.

My G3 works well. I use the Google Now launcher. Everything is quick to respond, the display is gorgeous and the battery charge lasts much longer than a day with heavy use.

semipenguin likes this.
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That is a nice looking phone.
    The magnetic payment feature that works with existing terminals is interesting. I still don't see myself using it anytime soon, but it seems to open things up to make it easier for people and retailers to get on the bandwagon.

10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You're probably right with EA. If anything, they should say that & offer a newer version. I'd pay $5 every three years.

The lens looks like someone took a transparent sticker & when they pulled it off the glass, it left streaks of glue on the inside.

11. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

What removable storage does the iPhone have?

12. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was talking about The Galaxy S6 not having removable storage now. People likes the galaxy and note line because of removable battery and expandable storage.

The cool thing about Android is you have a lot of options. So Samsung says bye bye to MicroSd. There are others out there like the new 2015 HTC One that still offers it. I loke being able to take my card out put it in a new phone and go. plus Like i said its cheaper. $70 for 128gb or $25 for 64gb is awesome.

semipenguin likes this.
  13. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I like the positive things I've read in S6 reviews. The metal back and gorilla glass 4 front envelope a stunning display. I'll take a fixed battery and memory for more speed. If GB's are a concern buy the 128 or 64 gig models if 32 isn't enough. The 16mp camera isn't shabby either.

Get off the electrons and embrace the protons with your new S.

Ehilbert1 and semipenguin like this.
  14. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Vols44 your absolutely right. I don't mind the non removable battery. Samsung is so damn good with battery life. My Note 4 keeps going and going.

The only reason I like removable storage is the price and the convenience. Take one card and put it in another. Plus instead of paying $200 to $250 more for the 128gb you pay $70 for a 128gb card. By the way the 128gb model is only for AT&T.

I have read some reviews and watched some youtube stuff. That is one nice phone. I just got my Note so my upgrade will be right around the time the Note 6 comes out. By then I may want an iPhone. Who knows. I just love the choices we have.

Sent from my Note 4

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That.

Sent from Tapatalk

16. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

One of my co-workers has the S6 Edge and he loves the thing. Guess it's good to work for a wireless provider although sometimes we have to wait for the really popular new devices and we don't get breaks on equipment pricing.

semipenguin likes this.
  17. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I've been an HTC guy for years, and I'll be replacing my One in a few months, but I'm very interested in the S6 Edge.

I've always liked compact, pocketable phones, but that desire conflicts with my need to have a useful screen that I can see in my advanced age. So screen-to-body ratio has become important, and HTC doesn't make the cut.

Samsung keeps the S6 Edge compact and thin, by using a fixed battery and memory, so that's the compromise. While I agree that it would be nice to have the option of expanding memory cheaply, there's really little need for more than 32gb to be instantly available. Is there?

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I like the extra memory for music, movies, and photos.
    It's just easier for me, and I like the opportunity for flexibility should I need it.

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  19. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

So upgrade time is here, and all my options have evaporated, except for the galaxy S6. I want a phone, not a phablet. The LG G3 was at my size limit with a 5.5" screen but thin body. Then the G4 came out and it's bigger. I liked the Moto X at 5.2", and the new one is 5.7". The HTC One is just like my phone now, but bigger (with no advantage). And the new Sony Xperia Z4v has a processor that overheats. So I guess I'm getting an S6. What the hell is with these phone manufacturers?

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I've been happy with my Note 4. At 6'-4", the larger handset fits me very nicely. I thought it might be a bit cumbersome, but it really hasn't. I'd really miss the screen real estate if I went smaller.