Sadler out Allmendinger in at GEM

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by SubmarineMike, Dec 27, 2008.

1. SubmarineMike

SubmarineMike Member

2. ctresky

ctresky New Member

This would be a terrible thing. I know that Salder has had a hard time recently but who at GEM hasn't? They jumped the gun when the hired the no-talent a-clown Reed to drive there. A.J. is clearly the better driver and deserves a ride, just not at the expense of Salder. Fire Reed, he can't get a sponsor anyway.

3. dart74

dart74 New Member

what! i cant believe this. but dinger did run well. get rid of reed

4. Snafam

Snafam Member

MY! How the worm turns!

Sadler managed to sign contract extensions with both the Wood Brothers and with Robert Yates, and then managed to squirm his way out because the grass was greener elsewhere.

I wonder how if feels for him to be on the other side of an 'out clause' in his contract. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me to find out he had already wiggled out of his contract for another ride, and today's news is actually a part of him scampering off to another team.

Sadler is a mid-level driver at best. He had his glory days with Yates, and after hearing him on the scanner for a few races last season, I don't think he is coping with the new car well.

But, he does have his broadcasting career ahead of him. Of course, he may have done even better if he had shown up on a regular basis on Moody's show. He was actually harder to pin down than Brendan Gaughan!

At least, we have something to talk about on the shows for the next few days. Usually there is a major news void right now.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Sadler's a hack. Reed isn't much better, but I'll take him over Sadler any day. I'm glad that AJ now has a chance with a team that can win...:)

Wasn't it AJ that wrecked Sadler in the All-Star Showdown?...:right:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. fishy

fishy Member

You have to be kidding! This is the smartest thing GEM has done since taking over the company and it never would have happened with Evernham at the helm.
    Sadler hasn't shown anything for years and didn't show much before that. I think this is awesome! Kasey Kahne could wind up being the #3 driver at GEM by the end of the season.

7. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

the move might have had something to do with ray removing all of his personal possessions from the team shop including that 2002 brickyard 400 trophy that bill elliott won.

8. mccastle

mccastle Member

Although I like Elliott's personality his driving was blah. I think this is a great move. I was shocked to see it on the espn ticker saturday night. I think Red Bull did not believe in AJ and once he got out of there and was able to show what he could do he impressed others and improved his confidence. I am anxious to see how it goes.

9. ctresky

ctresky New Member

I do agree that Kasey will not be the number one driver there. I just think that Reed should have gone and not Salder. I think that Salder is a lot more marketable then Reed will be.

10. fishy

fishy Member

Reed is the future and will more than likely be very marketable, Sadler is the past and will only be marketable for another year or two, tops, before his record and ability to drive the car catch up to him.
    This is an excellent move for Dodge!

11. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Speedway was saying Sadler was told the day before christmas. And I don't go for stuff like that. Regardless if I think the swap is good for next season.

(And I LOVE Suzy's replacement......wish she was permanent.....)

12. VetteUSA1

VetteUSA1 New Member

Dinger ran strong last year, I hope this ride works out for him.

13. rdhdtrue

rdhdtrue Member

Reed has not done **** in his wonderful youth in NASCAR. Sadler is another character that makes NASCAR interesting ... Bologna Steaks anyone?

We have SOOO many robots we do not need more!!!!

14. mccastle

mccastle Member

Reed is so below the radar I forget he is still a driver. Very forgettable.

15. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Sadler better get it in gear, I dont see too many more "better rides" coming down the pipe for him. I believe Reed can do some better, how much remains to be seen.

16. fishy

fishy Member

I think Sadler is the Craven, Mayfield, Burton, Shrader of the 2009 season. It happens, if drivers didn't retire we'd be watching a bunch of washed up old men try to race and that would suck!

17. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Sad, but true. Although I wouldnt put him as low as Mayfield.:rofl2:

18. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

There is a common link between Sadler and Mayfield. Maybe thats what the problem is.

19. fishy

fishy Member

Actually, Mayfield won 5 races to Sadler's 3 and 2 of Mayfield's were in the 19 car.
    I bet Allmendinger wins more than both of them together!

20. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I agree about the Dinger, but I wasnt reffering to stats about the other 2. I just dont like the trail of crap that Mayfield leaves behind when he leaves one ride for another. I think Sadler is an ok guy, he just hasnt had much success, for whatever reason.