Robin Quivers, Uninformed Newswoman

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by scotchandcigar, Mar 9, 2015.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

If I don't find an outlet for this, I'm gonna burst, so here it is. After returning from more than a week off, Howard brings up the topic of the white/gold or blue/black dress phenomenon. Robin has no idea what anyone is talking about. The show's news gatherer managed to completely avoid hearing a thing about this, from any source or anybody. How is that possible? Even Howard was stunned.

goreds2 likes this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

haha but can u tell us anything about the ins and outs of organic blueberries?

it is nuts how major stuff can just pass her by. like when ETM died.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Naturally, Robin agreed with Howard on looking it up. She then said it was dependent on screen brightness.

4. scotchandcigar

She's also been yelling about how the network news anchors (such as Brian Williams) are supposed to just show up and read the teleprompter, that they have nothing to do with what they're reading, and they have never gone out and investigated news stories. Guess she's not aware of how the anchor is the managing editor of the news, or what it takes to land the anchor job.

Of course, they don't do the leg work of Robin.

goreds2 likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

Also on yesterday's show, they were discussing the Apple watch, and Howard's paranoia with wearing radiating devices. Robin had to add a comment about how most conventional watches contain a battery, which "radiates current". Really Robin?

goreds2 likes this.
  6. kryptonite

Yes, there is an electrical current in a watch...but it's quite minor. If Howard is so paranoid about watches, why was he talking up the iPhone non-stop. (Notice how they seemed to stop paying for the live commercials disguised as fanboism?)

7. scotchandcigar

A tiny current flows between the battery and the watch circuitry, it doesn't "radiate" anywhere (as you know). On the other hand, touch screens send a tiny current through your finger, but even that has no effect on a person.

Howard stated that he uses an earpiece to receive calls on his phone. Not a bluetooth device, just one that plugs into the headphone jack, so that the phone is not next to his head when he gets a call. I'm sure it has not only added years to his life, but it's why he still has a full head of black hair. :confused:

8. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Robin doesn't even understand how bluetooth works so why expect her to understand technology stuff anyway?

goreds2 likes this.
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

JHDK likes this.
  10. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

ehh, robin being wrong has been going on for years and years. not that I care. the show isn't on enough to be topical with the news anyways, so her being accurate doesn't matter in the least bit to me.

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  11. geosync

You mean Robin's news is a week old in many cases? That isn't topical?

12. scotchandcigar

Seems like my points are being missed. I don't care about how topical Robin's news is. What amazes me is that, when she's not on the show, she misses neary all of what's going on in the world, things that most of us non-newspeople know about. And I'm well aware that she knows nothing about technology, nor do I expect her to. But when she opens her mouth and makes a very ignorant comment about how stuff works, I take notice.

13. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Bark newsflash for you: Robin doesn't even pay attention to the stories she reads on the air . . . as she reads them! :D

blyons200 likes this.
  14. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

How about this take on the English language by both Howard and Robin:

Howard: I hate it when the Bachelor says "Hers and my relationship."
    Robin: I do too. It should be "She and my relationship."
    Howard: Yeah.

blyons200 likes this.
  15. geosync

No no, it's "mine's and her's relationship" Everybody knows that.

16. scotchandcigar

I think they said that the bachelor uses "Her and I's relationship". But I'm not sure what Robin recommended, so you may be right on that.

17. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Robin was thinking he had said something like "her and me" etc. but it was about their relationship so a possessive pronoun was required... wish I could remember exactly..

18. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I would side-step it altogether and just say, "our relationship."

19. kryptonite

Howard's schedule

3 days
    week off
    3 days
    3 days
    3 days
    week off
    3 days
    week off
    week off
    3 days
    week off
    2 days
    2 days
    2 days
    2 days
    week off
    2 days
    week off
    week off
    2 day

So yeah. I can see why her news wouldn't be topical. She brings Howard up to date...of news that already happened. Where we're at "version 3.4.21" with the news and all the various related updates, Robin is still talking about "version 1.2.1" if you will.

20. scotchandcigar

Following their week-off breaks, Howard's the one bringing Robin up to date.