Reputation Points

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by HarleyJoel, Nov 11, 2008.

1. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

It doesn't look like I'm able to add to anyone's reputation. I click it, add, press add to reputation and then the reputation stays at the same number. I click it again to see if it didn't work right and a pop-up tells me that I can't add to the same post. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?

TX WJ likes this.
  2. MM

MM Administrator

Who did you get rep points to?

It should of worked.

Let me know.

HarleyJoel likes this.
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Adding rep points rarely makes a visible change to that user to you. You can only see you're own rep.

TX WJ likes this.
  4. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I never looked at my rep points here or at SBS.

5. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I gave point's to several people but noticed it did nothing when I gave SISO a point.

6. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I gave one to you too MM and I don't see any difference. Maybe I just don't matter here. :(

7. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

You can't see how many rep points another user has. You can see their Rep power which is not rep points. If you give someone rep points, it most likely won't change their rep power.

8. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

Oh. My bad. .... nevermind then.

9. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

FYI...Rep power is based on a combination of the number of rep points you have, the number of posts you've made, and your tenure here.

10. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

Yeah, I noticed the "DRC Rep Points Cheat Sheet" thread after I embarassed myself by starting this thread. - Thanks:eek:

11. MM

MM Administrator

I just checked my User CP, I got a point from you.

Have all your questions been answered now? If not, let me know.

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

If you click here, you can see how DRC members are ranked by Reputation...:)

See, look, SISO is ranked, um, well, not too high...:(

Keep giving SISO those Rep Points. He'll get up there...:D

Just how does BMF get ahead of Aaron?...:scratch:

:)

13. MM

MM Administrator

I should be higher, too. :idunno: ;)

14. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Bump.

How do you check who gives you rep points? My user CP only displays one from somebody, but it says I have ten. I know you start off with 10, but then I should have eleven or something, unless someone gave me negative points but I don't see that.

15. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

If the rep point dot is gray, then they were not able to give you rep. It must be green for positive or red for negative. Gray just stays the same.

16. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I wonder why he wasn't able to. I just noticed all this rep stuff and I'm a little confused.

17. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I kinda liked the growing number of "bars" for rep points over on SBS. This whole number thing is, like, too mathematical or something.

18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I want to fire off a warning about the rep points. It has been brought to my attention that some of you have been bombarded with neg reps by a select few posters. This is just not acceptable behavior here at DRC. If you feel you are being unfairly targeted with repeated neg reps by the same individual over and over. Please send me a PM so I can look into this.

I have fired off some PM's this morning warning some individuals about this. It is time to knock this nonsense off.

19. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I like to give rep points...:D

You really have to do something dumb for me to give negative point...:shock:

:)

limegrass69 likes this.