Referee somewhat tackles a college QB

Discussion in 'NCAA (All Sports)' started by Wolf, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

See a ref knocks down a college QB during game

I don't know what college teams these are, but I saw this funny video on the net. A ref knocks down a college QB during game.

I don't know how to show a you tube video, so here the link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWdBgUBqw"] Referee somewhat tackles a college QB[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

LSU vs. South Carolina

I watched the whole game, but never noticed that play.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I saw this on another site as well today. It looks fake/doctored to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

4. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I guess it is not a fake...here is the original ESPN broadcast of it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z-kAmbZCc&feature=related]YouTube - Referee takes down South Carolina quarterback Garcia[/ame]

Pretty crazy, I don't know what the ref was thinking!

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Now that is freaking crazy! I am like Aaron I never seen that during the game, but I had company over so that isn't surprising. I mean I don't know if he was trying to get out of the way, but it sure looked like he bucked up and hit him. LOL

6. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

It's not a fake but it sure does look suspicious, doesn't it? The ref side steps and moves forward while laying the guy out.

7. Davis

Davis Member

It was 100% intentional. I think he should be fired.

8. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

The SEC officials group defended the ref saying he was in the right position and put his arms up to defend himself against the "accidental run in with the player.

Watch the replay...the ref clearly extends his forearm into the player in an offensive gesture. If the ref doesn't extend his forarm the player would have made it past without any contact. I'm not sure what he was thinking.

9. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

looks like dude had a flashback to playing days...fight or flight, he picked the former

10. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

He was a former college linebacker.

11. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

He was a three year starter at Kentucky, wonder if the fact that South Carolina had beaten Kentucky the week earlier had anything to do with his flashback to his playing days?

I can't beleive that he wasn't at least suspended.